• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Bullshit, he was the best back in 2011 and at the RWC. Was World XV quality in 2010 too.

How can you go back to 2010 to defend a player who has been a consistent F@ck up since 2011 before the World Cup.

Genia and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would have been the Wallabies best backs at the World Cup. JOC (James O'Connor) defended well but was very quiet in 2 out of 3 games that really counted for the Wallabies.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Really which ones were that? He was the most dangerous back along with Ioane in the semi and the only one he could hold their head high vs Ireland.

The reason I'm going back to 2010 and 2011 is because in 2012 he barely played due to a serious injury and in 2013 was moved around everywhere.

No doubt there is some Rebels spite influencing you here.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Regardless of off field stuff and how he played for the rebels - O'Connor usually put in pretty damn good performances in a gold jumper. His defence on the wing still needed work but apart from that I wouldn't call him overrated.

His career really hasn't panned out as I thought it would. Granted a lot of that is his own fault; but he hasn't exactly been blessed with quality coaching since becoming a professional player. I suspect things could possibly have been different if he had a Wayne Bennet type mentor from the get-go.

I think the fact McKenzie didn't want a bar of him when he approached Queensland about coming to the reds a couple of seasons ago probably still plays on his mind when negotiating with the ARU. Perhaps we can consider him a casualty of the no-dickheads culture in the wallaby camp these days - probably for the best in the greater scheme of things.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
he reminds me a bit of brent russel. super talented and great player across wing, fullback and 10 but in each of those positions there were better players.
i don't think this is the massive loss it would've been a few years ago.
fullback is covererd, 10 is covered and i think the wobs have some great depth building in the wings.
most of all he just seems like a d!ckhead.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
and further, i don't think moving to the glamour club of toulon is an effort by him to grow up.
he's going where the sun shines, the money flows and you get treated like a prince.
btw, when is toulon going to financially implode?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
and further, i don't think moving to the glamour club of toulon is an effort by him to grow up.
he's going where the sun shines, the money flows and you get treated like a prince.
btw, when is toulon going to financially implode?

Well hopefully playing alongside Giteau again brings back the JOC (James O'Connor) of old, I think Giteau has always been the one to help keep JOC (James O'Connor) in line and since his departure from Australian Rugby that's when all the issues have happened.

Will also be good for him to have to compete for a place in the 23 let alone starting line up. When you look at the quality backs in their squad.

Wilko
Giteau
Mitchell
Habana
Palission
Smith
Wulf
Michalak

and possibly add Halfpenny as well to that list O'Connor is mixed in with some true professional's who won't tolerate his crap.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
JOC (James O'Connor) will go down in history as http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/JOC (James O'Connor)-gooonne.13534/page-16one who got away without fulfilling his true potential. A victim of his own abilities perhaps.

Good luck to him in the Sun in Europe, because unless Team Rehab Selectors are real bastards in the next couple of seasons, Team Wallaby will do an Omar Khayyam on him:
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He's still just a kid, a kid with a heap of talent. I hope he turns things around and comes back and makes some of you eat your words.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well hopefully playing alongside Giteau again brings back the JOC (James O'Connor) of old, I think Giteau has always been the one to help keep JOC (James O'Connor) in line and since his departure from Australian Rugby that's when all the issues have happened.

Will also be good for him to have to compete for a place in the 23 let alone starting line up. When you look at the quality backs in their squad.

Wilko
Giteau
Mitchell
Habana
Palission
Smith
Wulf
Michalak

and possibly add Halfpenny as well to that list O'Connor is mixed in with some true professional's who won't tolerate his crap.

Wilkinson is retiring; Halfpenny deal is off as the asking price was too high (or so was reported).

With JOC (James O'Connor) only being 23 you can see why they are keen to sign him, and willing to take a punt on the team harmony issues.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The French are legendary for bringing harmony to disharmony, whilst retaining the right to individuality.

It should suit Bieber Boy to a tee, and good on him. As @Wamberal has said, he is a kid with a heap of talent.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think JOC (James O'Connor) still doesn't know what he wants. He said he wanted to be a Wallaby and win back the trust, but maybe watching the spring tour from the stands wasn't as bad as he thought. Maybe a few months away from the Australian spotlight has taught him the reward of being a wallaby just isn't worth the heart ache of being judged in the public for your behaviour.

If you can't change your behaviour, change the situation.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
As overrated as Henry Speight is on these forums, when he hasn't played a single test, yet the 14 Wallabies jersey has his name on it...

I think the big thing is his 23.. skip the next world cup.. Earn some coin develop as a player come back 2016-17 carve up super rugby. People will see he has grown up have a crack at the next World Cup in his prime. By then if he develops right he could be one of the best back 3 or inside centres in the world..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
geruja3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.