• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I look forward to Marto's next spray against whoever he loses the plot with next. Glass houses is a pretty appropriate comment in relation to Marto. He throws his toys out of the cot on a regular basis and doesn't think before he speaks.

Serious question- has he had a stroke? Saw him on the Back Page a few weeks ago (only watched for a minute before the desire to kill myself forced me to change channels) and he was speaking out the side of his mouth with a quasi-lisp.

Just wondering if something has happened to him. He certainly sounded different.

RunnerGunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
TBH I don't think he comes across too badly in those videos he puts up. Yes he's beside the pool in one or two but the thing about him is that he just naturally reeks of smug and after 10 or so years of being called a wonderkid that confidence and disposition doesn't just evaporate.

He genuinely seems very happy with the performance of the Wallabies. Huge praise for guys picked ahead of him.

Yeah I know he probably gets paid a bit to do them and won't be a sour puss but he his joy seems pretty genuine. Praising Chekia ect. Maybe he has just accepted mediocrity which would be a shame but the element of entitlement people spoke off wasn't there.

Perhaps as well that's part of the problem though that's separate to the cocky wild child. Underneath it all there's no killer instinct. Plenty with talent like him but who have attitude problems perform at the top for a long time.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
It's a shame that his return to OZ rugby also coincided with the mess that was the Reds in 2015. If he had gone to the tahs i could have imagined a KB (Kurtley Beale) like turn around. The Karmichael Hunt stuff wouldn't have helped.

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If he'd gone to the Tahs, I doubt he would've gotten much game time. Don't forget that he spent most of the year broken. The Reds were responsible for a lot of shit in a lot of areas in 2015 but I don't think JOC (James O'Connor)'s ho-hum season was one of them.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Former Wallaby Greg Martin blasts James O’Connor as “an immature twat” on Brisbane radio

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/f...n-brisbane-radio/story-e6frf4pu-1227568539255

2767638386_d8efc6fb1f.jpg

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
If he'd gone to the Tahs, I doubt he would've gotten much game time. Don't forget that he spent most of the year broken. The Reds were responsible for a lot of shit in a lot of areas in 2015 but I don't think JOC (James O'Connor)'s ho-hum season was one of them.

No but they are responsible for the culture and high performance of their organisation, which is currently appalling. Had he have gone to a strong place he may have been successful in his return.

Reactions: gel

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's pretty common that a torn PCL isn't diagnosed. Of all the ligaments in the knee, it's the only one that most people can function well without.

There's clearly heaps of issues at the Reds, but I don't think they shoulder the blame for this one.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saw him on the Back Page a few weeks ago (only watched for a minute before the desire to kill myself forced me to change channels).

I watch it every now and then, Mark Bosnich is about the only fair panellist without an sporting agenda. When James Hooper opens his mouth about anything rugby (and unfortunately Craddock too these days) it gets turned off immediately.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I remember reading a comment a few years back about JOC (James O'Connor) going to TSS before Nudgee. Does anyone know if this is true? I know his brothers both went to Southport

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
The more things change. Quote from 2011 NZ Press:

"A disloyal McAlister wants to cut all ties and turn his back on North Harbour, New Zealand Maori and, potentially, adding to his 30-test All Black career after being left out of the Tri Nations squad.

One day after the All Blacks were named, a disgruntled McAlister failed to front for Harbour training. Frantic calls from the provincial union, seeking his whereabouts, have since gone unanswered.

Luke's father and agent, Charlie, attempted a smokescreen with the excuse Luke was caring for his ill son, who has a heart condition, saying it had been a "hell of a time in hospital the last 10 days".

The next day, however, Charlie told NZRU general manager of professional rugby Neil Sorensen Luke wanted out, immediately, to take up a lucrative three-year deal in France."

"Charlie has asked for Luke to be released early to join Toulouse. He doesn't want to play ITM Cup," said Sorensen, who did not buy Charlie's explanation for Luke's absence.

McAlister has shunned New Zealand for overseas offers before. It now appears the NZRU are resenting moving mountains to bring him back from a two-year stint with Sale Sharks after the 2007 World Cup.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
I remember reading a comment a few years back about JOC (James O'Connor) going to TSS before Nudgee. Does anyone know if this is true? I know his brothers both went to Southport

I know he attended Benowa State School on the Gold Coast, but not sure that he ever went to TSS.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Serious question- has he had a stroke? Saw him on the Back Page a few weeks ago (only watched for a minute before the desire to kill myself forced me to change channels) and he was speaking out the side of his mouth with a quasi-lisp.

Just wondering if something has happened to him. He certainly sounded different.

I wondered the same thing about a year ago. Seemed to coincide with him starting to wear glasses on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.