• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
McMahon at 10 worries me. He's been a solid player for a long time but he has slowed a lot and I think he gets shown up in the big games. Should be a big day - colts seems an even money bet.

He looked good yesterday, still one of the best goal kickers in the comp and nailed a field goal. Do you think Pedro is a better suited option at 10?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I guess he has got them there and he is a sound option but I hope Pedro is shuffled into 10 if Macca starts to struggle. Powell and Iona are very handy halves. I think Tuggies skills in the halves and aggression from both locks and 8 could be the difference. Staniforth and Tyson will really need to step up to give Royals a show.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
McMahon at 10 worries me. He's been a solid player for a long time but he has slowed a lot and I think he gets shown up in the big games. Should be a big day - colts seems an even money bet.

You have to be kidding. The guy is immense, and never had the pace to take it to the next level. He bleeds blue and never steps back.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
He looked good yesterday, still one of the best goal kickers in the comp and nailed a field goal. Do you think Pedro is a better suited option at 10?

Pedro can't defend and read lines like Macca. You don't get to his age and guarantee a walk on start at 10 without some ability.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
I guess he has got them there and he is a sound option but I hope Pedro is shuffled into 10 if Macca starts to struggle. Powell and Iona are very handy halves. I think Tuggies skills in the halves and aggression from both locks and 8 could be the difference. Staniforth and Tyson will really need to step up to give Royals a show.

I'm just happy Tim Cree has moved on. He was the difference in 2013. Let's also hope Bowden doesn't again make himself the centrepiece of the grand final. If he is our best ref I'd sell my soul and ask George Ayoub to ref!

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
I al

I never rated macas kicking till this season

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
You have to be kidding. The guy is immense, and never had the pace to take it to the next level. He bleeds blue and never steps back.
I don't question his intent and desire but I do worry about his old legs slowing further. I think he has struggled for the last few seasons to be honest. I think Royals have a tendency at times to confuse a guys reputation, love of the club and previous achievement with his current form. How did Siliva play on the weekend? I think he is a guy that has a lot more ability than what he has shown at times this year. He has been sound but hopefully he can step up on Sat.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
I don't question his intent and desire but I do worry about his old legs slowing further. I think he has struggled for the last few seasons to be honest. I think Royals have a tendency at times to confuse a guys reputation, love of the club and previous achievement with his current form. How did Siliva play on the weekend? I think he is a guy that has a lot more ability than what he has shown at times this year. He has been sound but hopefully he can step up on Sat.

I think Royals performed better with him at 10 than with Pedro there and I rate Pedro, Siliva was a monster around the park. Was dominated in the scrims but that Queanbeyan pack is huge and has to be miles above any other pack in the comp.

mouth guard

Bob McCowan (2)
Pedro can't defend and read lines like Macca. You don't get to his age and guarantee a walk on start at 10 without some ability.

Got down for the game on the weekend and I am thinking Pedro at 12 is the weak link in this outstanding backline. His defence is questionable. I'd be thinking Tuggies will be targeting him especially if they have Fanifo and Ah Wong in the centres.
What the go with Staniforth as well? Looks like he has gone backwards since last year. Doesn't dominate contact like someone with his stature should.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
The young fella I am sure has been working hard and doing extras on his kicking, and is now reaping the rewards. I haven't seen him kick this well since his season with Canberra Vikings Colts in 99'.

Royals certainly have a great kicking coach. The young lass from the women's team has been knocking them over from everywhere!

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
I'm just happy Tim Cree has moved on. He was the difference in 2013. Let's also hope Bowden doesn't again make himself the centrepiece of the grand final. If he is our best ref I'd sell my soul and ask George Ayoub to ref!

Interestingly the 1st Grade Club coaches have a lot to do with which referee does the 1st Grand Final so you may need to take it up with them.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Got down for the game on the weekend and I am thinking Pedro at 12 is the weak link in this outstanding backline. His defence is questionable. I'd be thinking Tuggies will be targeting him especially if they have Fanifo and Ah Wong in the centres.
What the go with Staniforth as well? Looks like he has gone backwards since last year. Doesn't dominate contact like someone with his stature should.

I think Tom is struggling with being a nice young lad who was touted by everyone at a very young age. I believe the Brums told him to add weight and in the next sentence to lose it. He's as honest as the day is long and he's still very young and any club rugby bloke he plays against wants to put a shot on him, legal or not. He will turn up on Saturday with a point to prove.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think Tom is struggling with being a nice young lad who was touted by everyone at a very young age. I believe the Brums told him to add weight and in the next sentence to lose it. He's as honest as the day is long and he's still very young and any club rugby bloke he plays against wants to put a shot on him, legal or not. He will turn up on Saturday with a point to prove.

As for Pedro I'd agree he is light, but he grassed everyone who ran at him last week including some big Queanbeyan looseys. He won't sit you down, but will make sure you go down.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interestingly the 1st Grade Club coaches have a lot to do with which referee does the 1st Grand Final so you may need to take it up with them.

Bowden hasn't missed a 1st grade grand final in years. He's a legend in his own whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.