• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockerroom

Frank Row (1)
Eagles (plus 15) to dominate an Easts side that will show promise, but lack the calibre and depth of Gungahlin.

Vikings (plus 15) will put Wests away quite convincingly. Wests, despite the return of some quality players, will struggle against an outfit that has plenty of talent to burn.

Whites (plus 10) to redeem themselves against an injury plagued Owls. Depth will favour Queanbeyan more so than Uni Norths and expect home ground advantage to play a strong factor too.

Nb. Great to see the Eagles coming good so early in the season - word is that there's a great buzz at the club. Also wonderful to see Easts aiming up with some spirited and physical performances, expect this to continue throughout the season. While they got the win against Wests, the Owls will struggle against quality opposition...same goes for Wests, I expect these two to battle for the wooden spoon. Royals, Vikings and Whites look like solid outfits so far, so be interesting to see how consistency plays out with these sides over the course of the season.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
With the Oakman-Hunt twins invited out to the Brumbies watch for cross border conspiracy against their golden boy.

Back rowers around the competition must be licking their lips. But opportunity might not last long.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
With the Oakman-Hunt twins invited out to the Brumbies watch for cross border conspiracy against their golden boy.

Back rowers around the competition must be licking their lips. But opportunity might not last long.

lol totally confused in regards to what your talking about here - can you expand on the comment?

Oakman-Hunt twins invited to Brumbies training and not Dan Penca?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Another write up from the Whites Website regarding injuries -

Injury crisis?

The Whites have been hit hard with injuries after only two rounds of the John I. Dent Cup. The injury list to first grade is: Sokai Tai, Dan Penca, Neori Nadruku, Carl Elliot, Brendan Spears and Danny Mathews. Add to that Tai Valeni and you would think there is a crisis in the club.
Yet with Mitch Douch back, Moa making for his debut, Tom G. Darmody ready to play, youngster Ben Gordon stepping up and the Jindabyne Viking , David Akkersdvk, biting at the bit the side will remain competitive.
The Moa and Lani combination adds another dimension to the attack, the Viking an enthusiasm and aggression,Darmody adds his experience and Douch at fullback will create some go-forward. Colt Gordon is as good as you get. Size, speed and a willingness to mix it. His dad playing fourth grade to do with a bit of all of that.
Uni-Norths gave Wests a dust up last weekend and with Brumby officer Daniel Hooper in charge they will prove to be very difficult at Campese Oval.
Obviously the other grades have been affected but there a few names starting to appear that give the club depth. Tim Macnamara, Rienhold Kamilaro, Chris McRoberts and Jack Edwards all add to the club.
Saturday night is theme night with 50 Shades of Grey likely to be outdone.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
lol totally confused in regards to what your talking about here - can you expand on the comment?

Oakman-Hunt twins invited to Brumbies training and not Dan Penca?

#vikingsconspiracy
#justice4penca
#whitewash
#qbynpride

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lolol - maybe not so much Penca atm but OJ Noa you think would get the go ahead - head and shoulders above the Oakman-Hunt twins - still yet to see what the hype is for the brothers.

Talking of OJ Noa - nearly unstoppable V's Uni today - was insane - Qbn got up by 1 point in a very close battle with Uni.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Whites 15 - Uni 14

Eagles 45 - Easts 26

Unsure of Wests - Vikings Score

Royals - BYE

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lolol - maybe not so much Penca atm but OJ Noa you think would get the go ahead - head and shoulders above the Oakman-Hunt twins - still yet to see what the hype is for the brothers.

Oakman-Hunt twins proved themselves in the NRC..............

It's really no surprise they got the nod.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Nothing against the Oakman-Hunt twins but I'm with 8 ball on this one - I'd sooner have OJ Noa in my backrow Than both the twins! The dude is a beast! I'd give Sokai Tai a run before the Oakman-Hunts, they both went missing in the GF against Royals last year.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Oakman-Hunt twins proved themselves in the NRC......

It's really no surprise they got the nod.

Did they? yea they played well but no real impact - don't get me wrong I think they are good players...

But there is no better backrower in the John I Dent at the moment than OJ Noa - if he doesn't make the NRC side this year will be a total joke - he is currently the best back-rower by a fair way atm...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did they? yea they played well but no real impact - don't get me wrong I think they are good players.

But there is no better backrower in the John I Dent at the moment than OJ Noa - if he doesn't make the NRC side this year will be a total joke - he is currently the best back-rower by a fair way atm.

That may be the case (re: Noa), but Dean Oakman-Hunt was a starter for the Vikings, made the G&GR team of the week on at least one occasion and went on to play for the Aus Barbarians...........

The Brumbies are obviously going to favour players that have stood up at higher levels than club rugby...........

Some of you guys really let your parochial bias get in the way of clear thinking.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Im sorry but I can't see all the hype around OJ Noa…. What cause he's a big unit???? Where was he in the trial game against Vikings…who i might add didn't have there full side…colts players in back row as well as only 1 of the Oakman-Hunt bros playing who when you look at stats ran circles around Noa..In tackle counts alone!!! OJ Noa and the Oakman-Hunt twins all did pre season brumbies. Im sure the player most deserving is called in these circumstances. It is only round 3 and there is a huge season to go, its a little to soon to judge any performances at this stage… Haters are going to hate!!!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That may be the case (re: Noa), but Dean Oakman-Hunt was a starter for the Vikings, made the G&GR team of the week on at least one occasion and went on to play for the Aus Barbarians.....

The Brumbies are obviously going to favour players that have stood up at higher levels than club rugby.....

Some of you guys really let your parochial bias get in the way of clear thinking.

If my comments are biased then yours must be aswell? lol....I am simply saying what I think - not due to who I go for etc...

You do know Oj Noa has played NRC for the Melbourne Rising right?

As mentioned I think the Oakman-Hunt twins are good players but if you are wanting back row cover No.8 (more likely) then there is no better 8 running around atm - from a skill, size, speed aspect.

Lets move on anyway - I would prefer Noa you would prefer one of the Oakmon-Hunt twins....everyone will have their own thoughts...

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Any1 at the Wests V's Vikings game? How did Vikings look?

Could Wests possibly be in for a tough season?

The Blindsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
If my comments are biased then yours must be aswell? lol..I am simply saying what I think - not due to who I go for etc.

As mentioned I think the Oakman-Hunt twins are good players but if you are wanting back row cover No.8 (more likely) then there is no better 8 running around atm - from a skill, size, speed aspect.

Lets move on anyway - I would prefer Noa you would prefer one of the Oakmon-Hunt twins..everyone will have their own thoughts.

Charlie Abel to played 8 yesterday for Easts and absolutely fed JP Fenikitau all day!! Surely looking at higher honours, one of the hardest hitters in the comp. The number 7 for easts looks like a star of the future too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If my comments are biased then yours must be aswell? lol..I am simply saying what I think - not due to who I go for etc.

Lets move on anyway - I would prefer Noa you would prefer one of the Oakmon-Hunt twins..everyone will have their own thoughts.

I don't particularly prefer anyone.........

I just don't find it the least bit surprising that they got the call up considering their involvement and form with the Vikings NRC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.