• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2016 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Great report Bluebags - much appreciated. I reckon they should play the grand finals in reverse order so you can be sober for first grade and end the day watching 5ths through the blurry beer goggles. Did Easts make an appearance at half time?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Mate I reckon they would come close! At least top 2. .

Just an FYI guys - with some of my posts take them halfheartedly - just messin around and stirring the pot.

Aahh....don't worry mate. cant speak for everyone but it would appear that most of the regulars here at least, are able to give and take the piss out of each other. ...that's half the fun of this thread. Pretty sure that if somehow we all got together over a beer it would be a laugh

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Be no fun if you couldn't stir the pot a bit! Best JID season in many years! Probably more than just good luck so people somewhere must be getting something right. Congrats to the administrators, refs and officials for getting it right!

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Had to chuckle....I heard someone call out "give the ball to the stripper" during 2nd grade. Good to know that this thread is being read wide and far. Afraid we may have branded the poor bugger with an unwanted nickname for the rest of his days

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Had to chuckle..I heard someone call out "give the ball to the stripper" during 2nd grade. Good to know that this thread is being read wide and far. Afraid we may have branded the poor bugger with an unwanted nickname for the rest of his days

Haha - that's awesome! Sammy "Stripper" Giltrap. I hope he makes it all the way to the wallabies now and the nickname follows him the whole way!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Still can't believe the season is over! Seemed to go past in a flash.

Any news on 2017? haha jokes. . .

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just an FYI guys - with some of my posts take them halfheartedly - just messin around and stirring the pot.

Wonder if the Whites guys are happy with you stepping back now that you've heaped pressure on them with your hyperbolic praise all season. Do you reckon they were always appreciative of it?

I did sometimes wonder whether I'd watched the same game as you after I'd seen the Whites play, and Saturday was no exception.

Great spectacle though.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Wonder if the Whites guys are happy with you stepping back now that you've heaped pressure on them with your hyperbolic praise all season. Do you reckon they were always appreciative of it?

I did sometimes wonder whether I'd watched the same game as you after I'd seen the Whites play, and Saturday was no exception.

Great spectacle though.

I have to admit I found myself in the very unusual territory of cheering for Vikings in the GF. I've always had a soft spot for the whites but I did get tired of hearing how great they were. I also had the misfortune of having Adam Fahye sit near me at a game a few weeks back. Perhaps coaching staff need their own space to view games away from the general public. I get that it is a high pressure environment but he really rubbed me the wrong way with his language, critisim of the refs and delight in misfortune to the opposition. It wasn't done overly loudly or in an abusive way but it was annoying that he took up a seat nearby and carried on as he did.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Great spectacle though.

Each to their own mate!

Bring on 2017!

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have to admit I found myself in the very unusual territory of cheering for Vikings in the GF. I've always had a soft spot for the whites but I did get tired of hearing how great they were. I also had the misfortune of having Adam Fahye sit near me at a game a few weeks back. Perhaps coaching staff need their own space to view games away from the general public. I get that it is a high pressure environment but he really rubbed me the wrong way with his language, critisim of the refs and delight in misfortune to the opposition. It wasn't done overly loudly or in an abusive way but it was annoying that he took up a seat nearby and carried on as he did.

In his defence all the coaches ride the games pretty hard. Consider too the pressure he was under to live up to the expectations created by a few keyboard warriors! Nothing will compare to the pantomine that was Brad Harris on the roof at Viking Park though.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
In his defence all the coaches ride the games pretty hard. Consider too the pressure he was under to live up to the expectations created by a few keyboard warriors! Nothing will compare to the pantomine that was Brad Harris on the roof at Viking Park though.

I think Brad Harris coached a much better squad for zero result compared to the current squad that are premiers in first, seconds and colts. I think his bucket hat was on too tight!

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ok lads...do we keep this thread going in regard to the NRC/Griffins /2017 comings and going ,or is there one already up

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
3 way tie for the Macdougall medal winner.

Ben Hyne from Tuggeranong and Ryan Jones and OJ Noa from Queanbeyan

Jeez that's impressive for Hyne (not trying to diminish the accomplishment for Noa and jones) how many games did Hyne miss with his injury?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Awesome work from Hyne, Jones, and Noa - a true reflection on the 3 best players this year - also the 1st Macdougall win since 1982 for Queanbeyan.

Hyne is just an awesome player - I honestly believe within the next 24 months if he stays injury free he could be a Wallaby - sucks he didn't see out the season - really looking forward to seeing what this guy can do next year for the Vikings/Brumbies.

Also have to mention Dan Penca for coming in 2nd or 4th (however you want to look at it) - another player that missed about 5 games this year but still managed to sneak into one of the top placing's - due to being one of the best on field in every game.

Whitehead

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jeez that's impressive for Hyne (not trying to diminish the accomplishment for Noa and jones) how many games did Hyne miss with his injury?
Hyne missed 3 games having played for the brumbies on July 2, so he missed that games for Vikings and their last two games. Worth noting Daniel Penca missed the first 5 games of the season and was a single point behind. Having three blokes all so close didn't help any of the Qbn players as they were all taking points off each other which I would say makes the achievement of Ryan and OJ even more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.