• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2017 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hi all,

Went out to watch the red men play on Saturday. I took the little one with me for her first taste of John I Dent. Unfortunately wasn't able to see any colts or 2nd Grade but based on the scores they went as expected.

Easts we're not bad. Even though they went down by 50 they showed some flashes of good hard footy. They defended well for periods and when they had the ball they looked pretty dangerous at times. Their scrum was excellent only taking a backwards step late in the game. Having Robbie Abel, Blake enever and Jordan smiler would have helped but from all reports a massive improvement across the board for Easts.

For Tuggeranong it was a solid performance and as expected plenty of space for the outside backs. I believe Jordan Jackson-Hope got over the line 3 times. Other standouts were Robinson, tuggies no 4, knight, hyne and the tuggies props who all seemed to get through a lot of work. Was disappointed with Ah Wong he just doesn't seem interested.

Super pumped for next week against Royals should be a cracker of a game hopefully I'll be able to head out there. But if not I'll look forward to the updates from you guys.

Nice to hear you got along macka...dont expect your bub to understand the intricacies of the breakdown quite yet...may have to wait towards the finals.

Was wondering what effect the brumbies had on Easts. Tuggers had the same 3 brumbies when they met in Rd.1 I believe, and had much the same scoreline.
Interesting about Ah Wong, that's 2 games in a row. Undroppable I guess...and like we've mentioned ad nauseum, there are young blokes who would kill for that spot. No need to mention Robinson, Hyne and Knight...they always put in 100%.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Nice to hear you got along macka.dont expect your bub to understand the intricacies of the breakdown quite yet.may have to wait towards the finals.

Was wondering what effect the brumbies had on Easts. Tuggers had the same 3 brumbies when they met in Rd.1 I believe, and had much the same scoreline.
Interesting about Ah Wong, that's 2 games in a row. Undroppable I guess.and like we've mentioned ad nauseum, there are young blokes who would kill for that spot. No need to mention Robinson, Hyne and Knight.they always put in 100%.

Any insight about what is going on with Ah Wong? I didn't think he looked out of place in the Brumbies backline last year but now he seems out of favour there and out of form at the Vikings. At the end of the day it's not a bad position for the Vikes to be winning well with a player or two still able to lift a few gears.

Which Brumbies players are likely to turn out for Tuggies and Royals this week?

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
have now seen all JID teams play this year and while early days, here are my final standings;

Royals .based on a better points scoring
Vikings
Owls .based on their win yesterday and the way they stood up to Tuggers
Wests.thinking yesterday was an off day against a very good side
Eagles
Whites
Easts

I believe Royals and Tuggers have gapped the the next 4 who will all beat each other and make it really tight. Royals at this stage seem to score more points than Vikings against the same opponents and I will be brave enough to predict they beat each other once just to make the GF interesting.

Ive sort of guaged most teams on their efforts against Tuggers who Ive mostly watched. I'll be even braver to pick the Owls, who if they can get more consistent will go well. The Eagles and Whites were blown away by the Redmen while Easts (twice) have stood up. Wests.am undecided.
The big spanner to the whole works will be the Whites. They have so many good players out as No8 mentioned to write off. If they can get them back with enough time to build some teamwork and fluency, then anything could happen. If not and with more close losses, it becomes hard to dig themselves out of a hole.
Owls will struggle whilever their scrum goes backwards. Their general game is ok but their scrum has been decimated by Wests and Whites, and probably more

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Owls will struggle whilever their scrum goes backwards. Their general game is ok but their scrum has been decimated by Wests and Whites, and probably more

I've only seen them once against tuggers where the scrum went ok, but yeah, i had forgot that their poor scrum had been touched on here in this thread. How then did it rate against the Whites?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any insight about what is going on with Ah Wong? I didn't think he looked out of place in the Brumbies backline last year but now he seems out of favour there and out of form at the Vikings. At the end of the day it's not a bad position for the Vikes to be winning well with a player or two still able to lift a few gears.

Which Brumbies players are likely to turn out for Tuggies and Royals this week?

He played ok in a couple of early games with Tuggers. It was noticable however, that he pretty much demanded the ball on every occasion and this seemed to put some of the younger players under a bit of pressure. ...forcing them to pass to him when it really wasn't on and then berating them when it didnt come off.

throughthemiddle

Frank Row (1)
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows what young Harry Tyson is doing with his rugby or seen him play this year? Talented young versitile back that I often saw play for royals. Heard whispers in the off season that he was chased by a few Shute shield clubs

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Noticed "the Stripper"was absent from last weeks stampede. Does anyone know if he's injured, or has he left to join Royals as No 8 suggested.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Ben Hyne and Jordan Jackson-Hope named on the Brumbies bench with Tom Cuscak and Tom Staniforth left out. Given the game is in Canberra on a Friday night I guess all four could turn out in the JID on Saturday but probably an advantage for Royals at this stage?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Noticed "the Stripper"was absent from last weeks stampede. Does anyone know if he's injured, or has he left to join Royals as No 8 suggested.

Dean Oakman-Hunt will probably slip in for Hyne while the Vikings new signing Durrough will go to 10. I assume Tuggers got him as a long-term replacement for Thompson. I hear he got some time against Easts last week...any reports on how he went

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
On the subject of form...young Izzy Titor has been the 13 for Vikings from the seasons start. Has anyone formed an opinion of him at this stage. Obviously Sampson views him as long-term. Ive seen him a few times and he certainly hasnt done anything wrong. I dont think Ive heard his name mentioned here or elsewhere in any capacity...good or bad. Early days yet for him but I would like to see some spark or skill-set or something that sets him apart...or is that a wee harsh?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
On the subject of form.young Izzy Titor has been the 13 for Vikings from the seasons start. Has anyone formed an opinion of him at this stage. Obviously Sampson views him as long-term. Ive seen him a few times and he certainly hasnt done anything wrong. I dont think Ive heard his name mentioned here or elsewhere in any capacity.good or bad. Early days yet for him but I would like to see some spark or skill-set or something that sets him apart.or is that a wee harsh?

Have to say I haven't noticed him in the games I've watched! Is the game at Erindale or Phillip this week?

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
On the subject of form.young Izzy Titor has been the 13 for Vikings from the seasons start. Has anyone formed an opinion of him at this stage. Obviously Sampson views him as long-term. Ive seen him a few times and he certainly hasnt done anything wrong. I dont think Ive heard his name mentioned here or elsewhere in any capacity.good or bad. Early days yet for him but I would like to see some spark or skill-set or something that sets him apart.or is that a wee harsh?

Giltrap was injured last week and Izzy isn't a competitor of his as they play different positions. Suprised Sam hasn't provided you with both of these pieces of information though Mr Giltrap?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Giltrap was injured last week and Izzy isn't a competitor of his as they play different positions. Suprised Sam hasn't provided you with both of these pieces of information though Mr Giltrap?

Is there a suggestion here that Bluebags may infact be the Stripper or a close relative? Controversial!!! That would be as shocking as discovering that No 8 was actually one of the Fa'anga twins...

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)

Yeah...I'll have a chat with him about keeping me updated when he comes over for dinner next

Status
Not open for further replies.