• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2017 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty sure Sione isn't playing this year

Thanks Lads...thats interesting regarding Sione. What I was largely inquiring of Macka about however, was the "bit of an exodus" part, particularly in view of Vikings lack of recruitment discussed earlier.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
From the Vikings Website:
Eight Tuggeranong Vikings to feature in Brumbies vs Barbarians trial match

MDP-Vikings-98-0I7A0720-300x200.jpg

This morning the Brumbies announced their squad to take on the Australian Barbarians this Saturday (January 28th) at Viking Park.

The Brumbies side will feature six players who have worn the Tuggeranong Vikings jumper at the club level, these players are:

9. Joe Powell
22. Jordan Jackson-Hope
25. Jarrad Butler
26. Ben Hyne
27. Ryan Lonergan
28. Isaac Thompson

On the other side of the field, three Vikings have been named to play for the Australian Barbarians. These players are:

12. Andrew Robinson

18. Phil Kite
19. Dean Oakman-Hunt

On behalf of everyone here at the Tuggeranong Vikings rugby club, we would like to wish these players all the best.
If you would like to come down and support the boys’ kickoff is at 6 pm and entry is free for all Vikings and Brumbies members ($10 without a membership)

Is Brad Harris selector....bloody vikings bias

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Being a Brisbanite just wondering whether it was the Tuggeranong Vikings that Tim Sampson coached last year. Is Sambo link with the Brumbies? What role with the Brumbies?

I also note a Brisbane link to the following players listed above:
Jarrad Butler - TSS & Easts Bne;
Ben Hyne - Brothers??
Isaac Thompson - Qld Uni??
Phil Kite - GPS.

In fact Butler(Easts) v Kite(GPS) in QPR GF 2013 & Sampson Assistant Coach of Easts.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Being a Brisbanite just wondering whether it was the Tuggeranong Vikings that Tim Sampson coached last year. Is Sambo link with the Brumbies? What role with the Brumbies?

I also note a Brisbane link to the following players listed above:
Jarrad Butler - TSS & Easts Bne;
Ben Hyne - Brothers??
Isaac Thompson - Qld Uni??
Phil Kite - GPS.

In fact Butler(Easts) v Kite(GPS) in QPR GF 2013 & Sampson Assistant Coach of Easts.

Sambo is the Head Coach at Tuggeranong Vikings and was an assistant coach for the Canberra Vikings last year, no position with the Brumbies as far as I am aware

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Only 6 weeks away until the season kicks-off - any news on Trials etc teams may be having?

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Only 6 weeks away until the season kicks-off - any news on Trials etc teams may be having?

Feb-24 Qbyn v Gungahlin P1
Feb-24 Qbyn v Gungahlin Colts
Feb-25 Brums U20 V Randwick Colts/2nds
Feb-25 Brumby Runners V Randwick 1s
Feb-25 Royals P1 v Southern Districts
Feb-25 Royals P2 v Southern Districts
Feb-25 Royals Colts v Southern Districts
Feb-25 Royals Women v Southern Districts
Mar-04 Womens 10s (5-8 Teams)
Mar-05 Brumby Runners V Sydney Uni 1s
Mar-05 Brumbies Colts vs Melbourne Rebels U20s
Mar-09 Tuggeranong V West Colts
Mar-09 Tuggeranong V West 3/4s
Mar-10 Tuggeranong V West P2
Mar-10 Tuggeranong V West P1
Mar-11 Goulburn v UNSW&TECH Div1 1sts
Mar-11 Monaro Carnival 1st & 2nd Div
Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong P1
Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong P2
Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong Colts
Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong 3/4s

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Thought you'd be all over the whites trials!

You end up deciding to pull the boots on?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Feb-24 Qbyn v Gungahlin P1

Feb-24 Qbyn v Gungahlin Colts

Feb-25 Brums U20 V Randwick Colts/2nds

Feb-25 Brumby Runners V Randwick 1s

Feb-25 Royals P1 v Southern Districts

Feb-25 Royals P2 v Southern Districts

Feb-25 Royals Colts v Southern Districts

Feb-25 Royals Women v Southern Districts

Mar-04 Womens 10s (5-8 Teams)

Mar-05 Brumby Runners V Sydney Uni 1s

Mar-05 Brumbies Colts vs Melbourne Rebels U20s

Mar-09 Tuggeranong V West Colts

Mar-09 Tuggeranong V West 3/4s

Mar-10 Tuggeranong V West P2

Mar-10 Tuggeranong V West P1

Mar-11 Monaro Carnival 1st & 2nd Div

Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong P1

Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong P2

Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong Colts

Mar-18 Qbyn v Tuggeranong 3/4s

Nice mate!

Been abit out of the loop the last few months.

Any idea where the Whites V Eagles trials will be on Feb 24th?

Cheers mate!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thought you'd be all over the whites trials!

You end up deciding to pull the boots on?

Haha - as mentioned above have been out of the loop the last few months/have looked into anything - so have no idea whats going on.

Yea mate still thinking about having a run....guess I should start to get fit...

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any idea when the Brumbies distribute the new imports to JID teams.

Mayhew would be a good pick up.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Nice mate!

Been abit out of the loop the last few months.

Any idea where the Whites V Eagles trials will be on Feb 24th?

Cheers mate!

In Qbyn I believe, Southern Districts are no longer coming down to play Royals which is a bit disappointing.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
In Qbyn I believe, Southern Districts are no longer coming down to play Royals which is a bit disappointing.[/quote

Yeah that is a bugger..Anyone aware if Royals are able to organize a substitute trial with another club at short notice ? Did Southern districts offer any reason for pulling out...short on numbers, couldn't organize a bus, double booked, got travel sick???

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks Lads.thats interesting regarding Sione. What I was largely inquiring of Macka about however, was the "bit of an exodus" part, particularly in view of Vikings lack of recruitment discussed earlier.

I think things have changed a little since my comment. I think a lot of blokes toyed with retirement but have since changed their mind. It was my understanding that Sione was going to retire By the looks he's since changed his mind or I misunderstood. Phil Kite has been down to training but I think it's just for fitness before he goes back to NZ. I know that McGrath has taken on the rugby manager role so I don't know what that means for his playing prospects. Only notable losses are Jake Rakic and Gareth Clouston.

They've got some good colts front rowers who I'm sure will be given time throughout the year. But if the three blokes above do end up playing all year it'll certainly be tough for those young bloke to get meaningful minutes, presumably with McGrath coming off the bench.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think things have changed a little since my comment. I think a lot of blokes toyed with retirement but have since changed their mind. It was my understanding that Sione was going to retire By the looks he's since changed his mind or I misunderstood. Phil Kite has been down to training but I think it's just for fitness before he goes back to NZ. I know that McGrath has taken on the rugby manager role so I don't know what that means for his playing prospects. Only notable losses are Jake Rakic and Gareth Clouston.

They've got some good colts front rowers who I'm sure will be given time throughout the year. But if the three blokes above do end up playing all year it'll certainly be tough for those young bloke to get meaningful minutes, presumably with McGrath coming off the bench.

Thanks macka. I assume Clouston may have hung up the boots but bit of a surprise re Rakic...any idea where he is heading?

Status
Not open for further replies.