Predictions for each team for the year?
Edit: I retract nearly every statement of this after seeing & hearing goings on in pre season but won’t delete comments to see how wrong it all was
1. Vikings - resources, good coaching, depth and the best counter attack in the comp. very hard to stop
2. Eagles - have 2x Aussie 20s props, plus the Dobson’s to give the front row depth. Gillard is a very good 10, Hansen should be around for a lot of games and Caputo coming on board to coach after recent professional stints will rise them to the GF.
3. Royals - not that they’ll go backwards, just the Eagles will rise for 2019. A very good side with good players. Depth is reasonable.
4. Norths - May depend on who replaces Gilmore at 10. And if their tight 5 can stay fit and play all season. Struggled in 2018 when their first choice front rowers weren’t available as their 2nd grade props got schooled.
5.Easts - battle a little with depth. Had a good season in 2018 and they’ll replicate that in 2019. May nudge in front of Norths. Fantastic counter attack. Second only to Vikings. Morseau will again be their best.
6. Whites - too inconsistent through the season. Fall apart when things don’t go their way. Very good loose forwards, scrum is very hot and cold. Goddard? the Colts 10 was sprouted last year but I felt he struggled with 1st grade. Hopefully he’s bulked up a bit in the off season.
7.Wests - struggle with quality 2nd graders to come up and make the step into 1st grade and have lost their best player from 2018 to Shute Shield. Best scrum in the comp with Coutts which upsets opposition sides. Outside backs struggled last season so hopefully they’ve recruited some centres to make some impact.