• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2019 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Two massive games to kick off round 1 with Vikings hosting the always hyped up Eagles and The Whites hosting Royals! Gonna be two great games and I see the two grand finalists picking up on last year’s form and taking the win in respective matches.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
^

Accurate with 1.

Eagles with a try after the bell to win 29-26 after playing 25 mins with 14.

Royals got up 23-10 over Queanbeyan.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
First game of the season, it will take a month to see who's good and who's not. However, very happy with the win over Clangers. Surprising given we had our three superstar backs, but none of them at fullback (where we generally need at least one of them in order to play our game). Seems we're trying to diversify in order to avoid being figured out again this year.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Full round to get a better look this weekend. A couple of interesting games.

Whites v Owls -> Whites by 12
Gungahlin v Easts -> Eagles by 23
Wests v Vikings -> Vikings by plenty

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Norths have lost a lot of good players from last year. Every chance they replaced them, but chances are they didn't. Queanbeyan by 20.

Clash of the round here; Gungahlin must be proud after last week, but Easts will want to show that last year's good performances are now the norm. Easts by 2.

Vikings lost last week so they're going to kill their opponent this week. Vikings by more than four scores.

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Norths have lost a lot of good players from last year. Every chance they replaced them, but chances are they didn't. Queanbeyan by 20.

Clash of the round here; Gungahlin must be proud after last week, but Easts will want to show that last year's good performances are now the norm. Easts by 2.

Vikings lost last week so they're going to kill their opponent this week. Vikings by more than four scores.

I’m going to disagree... my tips
Queanbeyan by 6, Uni lack firepower in the backs
Gungahlin by 35, form and momentum from last week will carry on
Vikings by less than 7, Vikings are always formidable but a few brumbies out, presuming a young looking forward pack against Wests who will have a point to prove, sources tell me Tom Wright and Chance Peni are set to play

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wests play Gordon on round 1 weekend due to their Bye. Gordon will be much stronger this year due to a lot of player recruitment from having the Darren Coleman in charge with what seems like a relatively decent cheque book to play with.

just found out - gordon beat west in that trial by 60-10 in 1st grade - wests had peni and wright playing full game while gordon rested 4-5 of their starting 15 for their first game of season. 2s gordon was 80-10 and gordon colts put nearly 100 on wests colts

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wests and Vikings in a 47-47 draw (no typo) Vikings with 4 late converted tries after being 47-19 down
Uni-Norths 40 def Queanbeyan 23
Gungahlin 74 def Easts 5

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Wests bombed that game against Vikings. Vikings understrength compared to the previous week with Brumbies commitments. Up by that much and draw the game... anyone would of said it was impossible before they saw it. I bet Robbo was fuming.

Whites have made an underwhelming start? Or were Uni Norths that much better? 0/2 to start the season they will be disappointed.

An absolute blowout for the Eagles over Easts. Were Easts a one hit wonder or are Gungahlin the real deal this year?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Glad I went to Norths game, though the Wests game looks like a classic. Was going to go to the Gungahlin game, but decided it was way too far away; the tyranny of distance saves me from shithouse rugby once more!

OldHeadSnakeyHeher

Allen Oxlade (6)

0/3 and a points differentiation of approx minus 135, not a bad round Joe

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
0/3 and a points differentiation of approx minus 135, not a bad round Joe

Look, you're reading my predictions all wrong! Queanbeyan scored 20 (23 if you're a pedant, jeez), and Vikings got their four scores in the last ten minutes.

And look at Gungahlin's score: 74. 7+4 = 11. 1+1 = 2. Easts by 2. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Table as of Round 2:

JID-rd02.PNG

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT

Royals 31 def Easts 10. Royals played 65 mins with 14 after a straight red card to Luke Kimber.
Uni-Norths ran down Wests to win 25-19 after being down 19-6 at one stage.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Another full round for the weekend coming.

Eagles by 20 over Whites
Vikings by 15 over Uni Norths
Royals to dust Wests by 18-20

Status
Not open for further replies.