• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup and ACT competition - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Thought I'd start a fresh thread for the new season, given that there have been a few changes for 2012.

Firstly, the Brumbies are supporting their local clubs, and have assigned their players to the local clubs. This has obvious implications for the local scene, as well as the other competitions in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne etc.

The other is the change that will a discontinuation of the split competition, with premier clubs to keep all their teams together, unlike previous years in which 3rd and 4th grade had to travel to play country/1st division teams.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ins and Outs:

Note: * indicates Brumbies contracted player.

Easts:

In: Thomas Toailoa (NZ), Heath Gibb (NZ), Steven Moore*, Ben Hand*, Jerry Yanuyanutawa*, Andrew Smith*, Michael Hooper*, Jack Vanderglas (as time allows), Henry Vanderglas (potentially following UK season), Caleb Tracey (USA U20s’), Eric Fallon (USA).

Out: Jerome Harimate (Ireland), Cameron Wyper (Scotland), Steve Castle (Injury/Resting), John Stevenson (USA), Robbie Lavery (UK), Byron Odell (UK), Allain Miriallakis (USA).

Uni-Norths:

In: Tom Cox*, Ian Prior*, Ben Alexander*, Joseph Tomane*, Dylan Sigg*

Out: Gary Bautz (Wests), De Villiers Hugo (Wests)

Wests:

In: Peter Kimlin*, Patrick McCabe*, Jesse Mogg*, Fotu Auelua*,Gary Bautz (Uni-Norths), De Villiers Hugo (Uni-Norths)

Out:

Royals:

In: Sam Carter*, Siliva Siliva*, Kimami Sitauti*, Matt To'omua*.

Out:

Queanbeyan:

In: Jono Owen*, Leon Power*, Robbie Coleman*, Tevita Kuridrani*, Nic White*, Anthony Hegarty*

Out:

Vikings:

In: Colby Fainga'a*, Ben Mowen*, Scott Fardy*, Zack Holmes*, Christian Lealiifano*, Robbie Kydd (UK), Pat Leafa (NZ), Lome Niumata

Out: Hugh Roach

Gungahlin:

In: Dan Palmer*, Ita Vaea*, Rory Murphy*, Cam Crawford*, Henry Speight*

Out:

PLEASE ADD IN OR MODIFY IF YOU KNOW DIFFERENT!

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Shaun McCarthey from Vikings has retired, and fullback Isi Ratulevu who scored a hatrick in last years grand final has left. JP Praduad (aus u20s) has left Uni Norths and joined Vikings. Vikings have also obtained Gareth Clouston from the QLD comp (sunshine coast), and possibly Scott Sio (Brumbies EPS). Word is Royals will be losing Ben Johnston to New Zealand, aswell as some of his other possible teammates, they have lost there first two trial games to Central West and a game in Newcastle so not sure how their season will shape up. Queanbeyan have welcomed Adam Fahey as head coach (last years Uni Norths coach), with last years Queanbeyan coach Wayne Southwell apparently now his deputy.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Shaun McCarthey from Vikings has retired, and fullback Isi Ratulevu who scored a hatrick in last years grand final has left. JP Praduad (aus u20s) has left Uni Norths and joined Vikings. Vikings have also obtained Gareth Clouston from the QLD comp (sunshine coast), and possibly Scott Sio (Brumbies EPS).

That's potentially three new first grade players to the Vikes, how do they do it?

with last years Queanbeyan coach Wayne Southwell apparently now his deputy.

From memory, Wayne Southwell coached at Wests in the early 2000's (and did a good job too), there has obviously been some movement at the clubs over the past few years.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
That's potentially three new first grade players to the Vikes, how do they do it?

From memory, Wayne Southwell coached at Wests in the early 2000's (and did a good job too), there has obviously been some movement at the clubs over the past few years.

Correct, laid foundations for Stokes and Robbards to follow. His brother was also there as a coach, maybe lower grades but they definitely turned Wests around. Movement is part and parcel, to name a few Geoff Southwell played at Royals, coached Wests; Reedy was a Royals player/coach and then Tuggers; Allardyce left Easts for Vikings $$; Chritiani Qbn to Vikings....list goes on! Loyalty means nothing in comparison for opportunity (and maybe some under the table $$)....

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Allardyce left Easts for Vikings $$

I knew about that one Pablo - Trendy was a good coach, it's interesting how the landscape changes over time.

I remember Wayne Southwell thought that the GF was going to go into extra time in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which one exactly) so he put the Wests First Grade side through a 20 minute fitness/skills/game sense session directly after full time in the last few rounds. Paid dividends for them because the GF did go to extra time and his boys got up against the Vikes. Robberds played in that GF too, little nugget he is!

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Especially in recent times as Vikings have had a Fulltime Head Coach position available, I can only imagine what a decent job that would be obviously if you love your rugby and coaching. It would be a pretty hard position to refuse if offered especially if your local.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Vikings have had a Fulltime Head Coach position available, I can only imagine what a decent job that would be obviously if you love your rugby and coaching. It would be a pretty hard position to refuse if offered especially if your local.

Don't forget the Development Staff there either FTS. Vikings Development Budget rivals the Brumbies Community Rugby budget.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
I knew about that one Pablo - Trendy was a good coach, it's interesting how the landscape changes over time.

I remember Wayne Southwell thought that the GF was going to go into extra time in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which one exactly) so he put the Wests First Grade side through a 20 minute fitness/skills/game sense session directly after full time in the last few rounds. Paid dividends for them because the GF did go to extra time and his boys got up against the Vikes. Robberds played in that GF too, little nugget he is!

They won 3 in a row didn't they, knocked off Tuggers, Royals and then maybe Tuggers again from 2000-02. And won all grades in 2005 (prob under Stokesy at that time)...still, fair effort!

Tuggers coaching job has been there for years, is a massive carrot for coaches to go across....cushy life, decent coin and loads of resources at your disposal to do something you enjoy! Even is a springboard to bigger and better (??) jobs, like the Tahs, haha!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I wonder how much the clubs will get to see these Brumbies players.

I'm pretty happy to see Ita Vaea at Gungahlin :)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's been some changes in what clubs the Brumbies will be representing:

Uni-Norths
Ian Prior
Ben Alexander
Joe Tomane
Tom Cox
Dylan Sigg

Royals
Matt To'omua
Sam Carter
Kimami Sitauti
Siliva Siliva

Vikings
Ben Mowen
Christian Lealiifano
Colby Fainga'a
Zack Holmes
Scott Sio

Wests
Pat McCabe
Fotu Auelua
Peter Kimlin
Jesse Mogg
Scott Fardy

Queanbeyan
Nic White
Anthony Hegarty
Tevita Kuridrani
Jono Owen
Robbie Coleman

Easts
Stephen Moore
Jerry Yanuyanutawa
Ben Hand
Michael Hooper
Andrew Smith

Gungahlin
Cam Crawford
Ruaidhri Murphy
Henry Speight
Ita Vaea
Dan Palmer

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just realised who it is...

Power was linked to Queanbeyan originally... but I now wonder if he's going to play for Royals as they're down a number?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So when were these guys gonna go to the clubs? After Super Rugby? During the internationals window?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
So when were these guys gonna go to the clubs? After Super Rugby? During the internationals window?

Almost all are already involved with the clubs training in preseason. Anyone fit and not required for the Super fixtures (players outside the game 22, and unused bench players from the night before - ie when they play on a Friday night, are expected to play all club games.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Almost all are already involved with the clubs training in preseason. Anyone fit and not required for the Super fixtures (players outside the game 22, and unused bench players from the night before - ie when they play on a Friday night, are expected to play all club games.
I've been at Gungahlin for most of the pre-season and I haven't seen anyone........or I haven't recognised them....LOL.

But I'm pretty sure Vaea and Speight haven't been down......could be wrong tho.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scott Sio has been at Vikings training and is playing in their trial against Sunnybank on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.