• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Mitchell Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
In terms of a Wallaby skills coach I think Pat Howard would be perfect. He has been down to a few Uni training sessions this year and has done some great stuff with the team. Not sure how well he would work with Deans though.

Mitchell may not have been fantastic but he did quite a good job. Reds fans would have been a bit happier with the Force results over the last 5 years to some extent.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I hear you TOCC... Mitchell was in on the firepower deals to some degree and managed to get a paid out deal for himself before it all fell over... In the end the Force had trouble recruiting because of the firepower fallout... I'm not a fan of dishonesty; we don't need it in rugby...

The man love for Mitchell in Perth was nauseating... I feel for a few young guys who re-signed out of allegiance to him must feel a bit silly now he has upped and walked out at the first offer...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Mitchell the former AB coach who was the inaugural Western Force coach is of to help (?) the Lions in Super 15 by being anointed as their coach. I had high hopes for Mitchell taking over at the Force and instilling some hard hitting forwards and dynamics in the backline. It never really happened though although their forwards were effective in year 1 after taking the best of the QLD pack apart from Croft their lack of a 5/8 and coordinated backline style. Injuries in the Force has exposed the lack of quality players in Aus. The player revolt (Giteau lead?) and the revolting players (Fava and the Quokka incident) never helped. The force had some highs (more than QLD in the same time frame) but some of the lows were significant (the firepower failed sponsorship & the sums of money they sloshed about are still having repercussions in the game). All in all he was a dead man walking this season and its no surprise that he has taken the initiative to go as no doubt the Lions have shown him some love that in WA had gone decidedly sour.

Giteau lead because he was seen as a leader in the playing group when the coach walked out and slammed the locker room door at half time... the reality is Mitchell is not a leader of men but has left every coaching position as a desperado… Its wasn’t Giteau who lead a coaching and Player vote of no confidence in Mitchell. It was Mitchell’s actions as coach, which led to this discreditable outcome. Please stop the man love he doesn’t deserve it.

the guy is a joke...

Unfortunately I can already see some of the headlines now: 1 down 1 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.