• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Johnny O'Beiber - The Mini JOC (James O'Connor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Players and coaches alike at Emirates Western Force training this week could be forgiven if they thought they were seeing double.
The arrival of James O’Connor’s younger brother Jonny had a few people rubbing eyes, the pair sporting similar builds, looks and hairstyles!

Jonny, who is a couple of years younger than his star sibling, arrived in Perth this week for a month’s trial and has been put through his paces with the main squad and will alternate between the Super Rugby set-up and the Bankwest Academy side.

The 18 year old represented Queensland in U15’s and was part of the First XV at The Southport School in 2009 and 2010. Last season the elite Gold Coast school celebrated their 100th year of rugby and clinched the GPS premiership.

attachment.php

http://rugbywa.com.au/news/article,59867.html

Qldposters, is he any good, or is he there on the back of his older brother?

D

Doc

I only saw a little of him at States. While he wasn't particularly outstanding then I have heard he goes ok.

They must be struggling to keep the players happy if they have to keep bringing family over. JOC2 might go ok, but young Pocock should never have been there.

R

RonnieP

Clearly this is a request from JOC (James O'Connor) and they just want to keep their star happy. Honestly this kid has absolutely nothing. I saw him in the QLD trials for GPS and he's nothing like his bro. He made the combined states team and pulled out after one game. JOC (James O'Connor) is a ballsy little thing, but this guy is as soft as they come and really doesn't bring anything else to the table. Look forward to seeing how Kyle Godwin develops though. He looked quite sharp as a schoolboy

Status
Not open for further replies.