• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Julian Huxley

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Remember watching the game vs the Chiefs. All of Canberra Stadium on their feet in applause.

Had the pleasure of meeting his parents in Canberra last year. Good chat.

He'll enjoy Narbonne, great culture and familiar faces.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
The fact he was willing to play without insurance to come back is just incredible.

A genuinely nice man who is one of the bravest to take to the field.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah best of luck to him. I was over the moon for him when he was able to come back from something that could have killed him. That was a story that just transcended footy.

By all accounts a top fella too.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
An extremely humble and very like able bloke. I went to prep school with hux,and we played junior rugby together until age 13. Was always an obvious talent even at that age, and once kicked a penalty from halfway v joeys in under 12s. He used to come back to sydney in the off season, amd I used to catch up with him every now and then. Suffered a bit under Eddie jones at the reds, but really came into his own at the brumbies (IMO) and his comeback was absolutely remarkable. During that time he never gave up and had the most incredibly positive attitude. I wish him well.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hats off to someone who deserves to be recognised for what he achieved, both before and after dealing with life threatening cancer.

I am glad that the article draws attention to his number of super rugby caps as testiment to the excellence of his career. I know that we all like to see our favourite players win a swag load of wallaby jerseys, but as a person who was never within a bulls roar of playing at the highest level I think that not enough credit is given to players who have the ability and application to forge a long super rugby career. That in itself is a fantastic achievement in my books.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Huxley and Mortlock, both Gordon players.

I knew Graham Huxley, went to Tech with him, actually, studying accountancy way back when. He founded Huxley Homes, with his brother, not sure where Julian fits in, but obviously the same family.

Status
Not open for further replies.