• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Julian Savea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ben Smith has played all positions from 12-15 and provides a versatile option. He also runs excellent lines for both the centre or fullback position. I'm actually really lookig forward to him being back in the ABs. Thought he should have been there last year instead of Toeava.

Looks as if Savea got the nod over Hosea Gear. Good luck to him.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It will be very interesting who the 10 and 12 are.

Aaron Cruden has done just about everything possible this season to suggest that he should be 10 and maybe Carter has to play 12.
I guess they'll take the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it approach". Carter and Nonu pairing, although I don't know how they could ignore SBW at 12. Cruden on the bench.

Also only 2 hookers but 4 halfbacks?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Its not a final squad. Only a training camp. 5 guys are getting cut. But with Kahui and Read injured, there is only 3 to go.
A good mix of experience and youthful enthusiam.

Ben Smith also played all his High School rugby at half back so is one of those versatile players that can slot in.
Fruean just has too many defensive lapses that would not be tolerated in a All Black team, saying that, SBW's brain explosions occasionally when he tries to kick has not hurt him.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Savea still has a lot to work on, AB wingers are not usually 1 dimensional players.

He is an absolute freak for his age and great to watch though. Definitely looks like he'll be competing for a permanent spot in years to come.

Guildford, Jane, Kahui and the lot are still miles ahead of the competition imo.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Savea still has a lot to work on, AB wingers are not usually 1 dimensional players.

He is an absolute freak for his age and great to watch though. Definitely looks like he'll be competing for a permanent spot in years to come.

Guildford, Jane, Kahui and the lot are still miles ahead of the competition imo.
Agree......wait GUILDFORD?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Savea's youger brother is pretty bloody good too. And why would ABs pick him just for one test?? One of dumbest commet I have seen in here for a day or two:rolleyes:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I guess they'll take the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it approach". Carter and Nonu pairing, although I don't know how they could ignore SBW at 12. Cruden on the bench.

Also only 2 hookers but 4 halfbacks?
Bit surprised with only 2 hookers to Tiger, think it more to do with not a lot of young ones putting up hand, and quite confident that Kerr-Barlow will get cut when squad gets cut to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.