• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kanaloa Hawaii Rugby Team

Kanaloa Hawaii Rugby Team

• "Big welcome to our franchise players Murphy Taramai and Liaki Moli the Wild Man of Borneo!"

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • "I'm excited. F**k the Blues"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know who would make a good advisor? JOHN KIRWAN.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Base them in Sydney

• Base them in Auckland

• Base them in Hawaii (dont understand this option at all. whoTF do they play? Seppos are miles away)

• They'll dilute the Blues talent

• some famous AB's are going to blow their life savings from Toulon on this doomed venture

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Polynesian B-Ball, Total Jailbreak, Total Blitzkrieg.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Jerome Kaino, Joe Rokocoko, solid closing pole option

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
https://www.kanaloahi.com/our-ohana

Some wildly brash statements coming out of their camp.

"We've got two times the capital required".

"Mt Smart? We could play at Eden Park".

Head coach: Mick Byrne "Uhh, Mr Byrne, some bad news I'm afraid. We can't afford to base the team in Hawaii as promised with a complementary beachside villa for you and your family and instead will be moving the entire franchise to a bunghole in Papatoetoe, Auckland where you will be billeted with the Tuungafasi family and their 18-strong extended family"

Asst Coach: Tamati Ellison ding ding ding, mercenary alert. This clown will fuck off at halftime of his own teams match if he thinks there7s any extra buck for himslef over the road.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
For the first time since the end of our golden age in 1453, legatus Leon is getting everything back in order at the Blues:

af9a4ebf2b3620f02f44fadb24c06373.gif

Shadowy Cantab mafia power-behind-the-throne of NZR pushing a new team of exclusively brown fellas in Auckland:
yLCryeI.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I assumed that Dismal had started this thread to talk about Kanaloa Hawaii's mascot having a dick.

Another key selling point.

Even better selling point would be if theyre based in Hawaii.

"You gotta join bro. It'll be like Magnum PI and Hawaii 5-0. I heard we all get our own red Ferrari team cars"

If based in Papatoetoe, billeted at the Tuungafasi household, less attractive. All 23 players and staff sharing the one broken playstation that Ofa accidentally sat on in 2016 and completely flattened.

Shadowy Cantab mafia power-behind-the-throne of NZR pushing a new team of exclusively brown fellas in Auckland:

giphy.gif

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Head coach: Mick Byrne "Uhh, Mr Byrne, some bad news I'm afraid. We can't afford to base the team in Hawaii as promised with a complementary beachside villa for you and your family and instead will be moving the entire franchise to a bunghole in Papatoetoe, Auckland where you will be billeted with the Tuungafasi family and their 18-strong extended family"

Asst Coach: Tamati Ellison ding ding ding, mercenary alert. This clown will fuck off at halftime of his own teams match if he thinks there7s any extra buck for himslef over the road.

Twice the capital for what? I know it's $10m USD (licence fee and operational costs for 3 seasons) to be awarded a licence in MLR which is one of their goals. So they reckon they have $20m. Okay. I'm not overly sold on this group. They came out with the MLR bid with statements about having agreed to partnerships with the Hawaiian Govt. Who have come out in recent days with 'what partnership agreements?'

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm skeptical due to how quickly this has all come together, i feel like they are overselling how ready they are to compete

Not totally sold on Tracy Atinga who is steering the ship either

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ouch

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...enn-wakai-casts-doubts-over-new-rugby-venture

"They had mentioned in their announcement four relationships: one with the Hawaii Tourism Authority who's never heard of them; the Stadium Authority, never talked to them; the University of Hawaii which denied them their practice facilities; and for Hawaiian Airlines they said they had a sponsorship agreement. Hawaiian Airlines has no sponsorship agreement with these folks," Wakai said.

tenor.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Not sure how much they say is true, but they not looking at moving to super (or variant), but more starting another team aren't they and keeping that one in MLR? It will all play out in the end, I haven't heard of thi woman Atiga, but that means nothing, I had never heard of any of the CEOs of any of the Super franchises before they got the gig either!

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
at least they're not called the "gil tais" after a "future drink that they want to produce somewhere, from the creator of F45"

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
at least they're not called the "gil tais" after a "future drink that they want to produce somewhere, from the creator of F45"

Interesting;y. The LA Giltinis have been very quiet of late. They aren't even on the MLR site. Many are hoping it's because they are re-branding. What I don't understand is that they could achieve just as much product integration as these names by having them emblazoned across the jerseys much in the same vein as a sponsorship deal while maintaining Austin Herd and LA Lights (which seems to be the preferred alternative for many).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ Herald reporting (from behind their partial paywall) that there's a second PI consortium in play, headed up by Sir Michael Jones & Eroni Clarke both of whom are very much NZR insiders.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They are both NZ centric.
It would seem they are, are NZ based people of Island extraction the only ones interested in getting these things going? :p

Let's be serious, I don't give a shit who starts them, just think it would be good to get something underway!