• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
It's ARU policy to hit him with $20,000 fine and put him in rehab. Whether he needs it or not I suspect he'll have to do it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
F$&@#me. The courts in this country are a farce. Contempt is what I feel for them. Regardless of the stupidity of the "legal" system in this country Rugby has the chance to rub this fool out, but as with previous sagas they will choose not to take action or at best totally fluff the actions they do take.

3rnvk6.jpg

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
F$&@#me. The courts in this country are a farce. Contempt is what I feel for them. Regardless of the stupidity of the "legal" system in this country Rugby has the chance to rub this fool out, but as with previous sagas they will choose not to take action or at best totally fluff the actions they do take.

In all honesty, what would you have the courts do in this situation? Do you throw him to the wolves and send him to jail? We can clearly see how well that's working out for the Yanks throwing first time offenders behind bars.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's ARU policy to hit him with $20,000 fine and put him in rehab. Whether he needs it or not I suspect he'll have to do it.
Not sure if it can be applied, given the offence predated his contract. He may accept it as a way of restoring his public image though.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well advised on the presumption that the ARU has agreed behind closed doors not to rip up his contract. Lucky for the QRU they are in a position where they can simply point to the fact that this occurred prior to his time with the Reds.

Still the man now has a criminal record. That will follow him for the rest of his life. It's unlikely he'd ever be able to work in the UK or Europe again, despite no conviction being recorded. But I presume he's taken al of these matters into account before making this decision.

No he actually doesn't have a criminal record. No conviction was recorded.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
ARU and Reds suspend @karmichaelhunt for six weeks, fine him $30,000. Also enters rehab program. NOT sacked. Can play in round eight.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...SUSPENDED-FOR-SIX-WEEKS-AND-FINED-30-000.aspx

This was posted by RugbyReg earlier today.

Round 8 is one week later than that. Seems like there were plenty of deals done behind closed doors before today's outcome!

Simmons’ new target date for a return is the March 27 match with the Lions at Suncorp Stadium.
If he makes it, it could mean a massive boost for the Reds right when they need it most, with Quade Cooper and possibly Karmichael Hunt mooted to return for that match.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think part of the rehab should consist of volunteering at junior rugby clubs around some of the disadvantaged parts of Brisbane, helping them with tasks around the club, participating in some of the enduring work parents and kids do to keep their club going.

He can do this for six weeks, and see the how the 'grass roots' function. I know the All Blacks did it a few years back. Really did work wonders for the team.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
ARU and Reds suspend @karmichaelhunt for six weeks, fine him $30,000. Also enters rehab program. NOT sacked. Can play in round eight.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...SUSPENDED-FOR-SIX-WEEKS-AND-FINED-30-000.aspx

That punishment is a joke. Wendell Sailor copped a 2 year ban for cocaine, and by Karmichael's own admissions he purchased quite a quantity of the drug and did one of two things - on sold it (supply) or consumed it (use/possession). The discrepancy is a joke!

QRU that is a piss poor response.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Wendell was banned by ASADA for 2 years for testing positive to a banned substance. Karmichael didn't.

BY his own admission, if he didn't on sell it which constitutes supply, then he consumed it, or is his argument that it is at home as a decoration. He has admitted to having it and the conclusion drawn is that he used it. What is the difference to being tested positive or admitting to using it?

Didn't think i would find myself saying this, but i feel sorry for big Dell if that is all Hunt cops.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That punishment is a joke. Wendell Sailor copped a 2 year ban for cocaine, and by Karmichael's own admissions he purchased quite a quantity of the drug and did one of two things - on sold it (supply) or consumed it (use/possession). The discrepancy is a joke!

QRU that is a piss poor response.

Hans,
Do you really look like your avatar, because from the vitriol emanating from your posts, ........

Status
Not open for further replies.