• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Maybe. But if it happened pre Reds contract and post Suns contract would the WADA rules still come into play? Or has it been worked out he was still signed to the Suns at the time?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd imagine that Reds HQ will be releasing a presser later this afternoon.

Is 12.5 grammes a lot?

T

Tigers Tale

I am not a criminal lawyer but this link to ABC piece on the Southport Court appearances says that Karmichael is to make a plea today the two Titans hearing having been adjourned.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-05/hunt-falloon-dowling-face-court-drug-charges/6281958

Does this mean that Karmichael intends to plead guilty and has struck a deal to tell all he knows in return for a minor penalty(i.e. fine), maybe even no conviction recorded and he'd be right to resume play for the Reds unless ASADA steps in????

I suggest he should be suspended for life from playing AFL!!!!

I can't see that the charges against Karmichael would be significant. They are after these small guys in order to get to the big guys in the Syndicate.

Maybe his legal advice to get in and plead guilty to a lesser charge is a legal brainwave from his advisers - rather than fight it all the way like Essendon have.

Maybe Karmichael is charting a less litigious approach than the Titans players.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
If he pleads guilty, ASADA will ban - supply is a 2 year automatic ban, and a guilty plea (even of a low grade charge) is an ironclad admission that he did it.

Regardless, there's a whole thread devote to Karmichael Hunt and it probably doesn't need to overrun a thread for a comp he's never played in.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'd imagine that Reds HQ will be releasing a presser later this afternoon.

Is 12.5 grammes a lot?

Depends on the person. For John Belushi that would have been an entree. Regardless of the amount I would say his career is over.

T

Tigers Tale

Cat_A - I think every genuine Rugby person (which I think we all are on this forum) would be interested in what the Karmichael Hunt outcome will be.

It is the biggest thing in Qld Rugby since Ben Tune and interestingly I note that Neil Breen who uncovered the Ben Tune affair is holding a channel 9 microphone in foreground of the Brisbane Times photo of Karmichael.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Rugby Heaven said "Hunt paid $1100 for 3.5 grams of cocaine on four separate occasions in September and October last year, the court was told"

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a fair whack of gear for individual possession.

It requires the obligatory meme..........

RCRU1gs.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
12.5g is a fair bit. Most get about 1-2g for a night.

That's a big night out!

Rugby Heaven said "Hunt paid $1100 for 3.5 grams of cocaine on four separate occasions in September and October last year, the court was told"

$1100 for 3.5 grams (and the fact he was buying from someone high enough up the chain to have a CCC investigation into him) would seemingly indicate he was buying stuff with a much higher purity than you'd normally get on the street.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Jim Carmichael and Bill Pulver are on the phone at the moment to each other discussing options?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think he had possession of 12.5 at one time as I believe that's over the threshold of a possession charge and turns in supply/trafficking. Sounds like he bought an 8-ball (3-3.5~ grams) 4 times.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah I figured it was a cumulative total. Even still buying 8 balls is serious stuff, more to share around I'd guess.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
OK for the Lawyers here,

If he stays in rugby, what effect does a guilty plea to possession of a Class A drug mean in terms of international travel and visas for NZ, SAF, ARG and Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.