• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
You're a bloody fiend, Shtina!

Haha not me! I've somehow managed to avoid illegal drug use but I've known some very interesting & diverse members of society during my time in hospitality.
fc54d89af6de5bc4970f47a1c5d38322.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would imagine it's all dependant on if he gets a criminal conviction or a section 10 dismissal.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd love to hear that conversation. Will his guilty plea make it easier to roll him?

You'd assume so.

It's hard to imagine a situation where Pulver isn't saying that he needs to be cut loose.

It's quite hard to imagine a situation where the Reds want to keep him either. Queensland is after all the most conservative state in the country.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I don't know if this has already been asked but do all contracts have a clause making the contract void if a player brings the game into disrepute? (or some such wording?). If this all goes pear-shaped for Hunt and he is given the boot will the QRU & ARU be not obliged to pay him under his contract?

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don't know if this has already been asked but do all contracts have a clause making the contract void if a player brings the game into disrepute? (or some such wording?). If this all goes pear-shaped for Hunt and he is given the boot will the QRU & ARU be not obliged to pay him under his contract?

Likely yes. You'd think the contract would impose obligations on the player, the breach of which would allow QRU to terminate the contract. Apparently he has pleaded guilty to a lesser offence - it doesn't look promising for him to stay at the Reds, in my opinion... But then again there's the technicality of which contract he was under when he committed the offence

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Section 10 Dismissals are in NSW

S12 of the Penalties and Sentences Act 1992 gives the Court a discretion not to record a conviction, even if it has found a person guilty and imposed a sentence for the offence. The Court is required to take into account all of the circumstances of the case, including:

Reactions: JFT

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I have a hungy on the Reds giving him the boot before 5pm today. Guilty plea, see ya later sunshine!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I can see why he has made that choice to plead guilty, but from what I know about the evidence I think he would have ultimately been acquitted if he'd defend the charges. I would imagine he's canvassed this decisions with the club and has some idea of how they are going to react.

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just out of curiosity, is the use of s19 more prevalent than for instance issuing a fine and then not recording a conviction under the discretion in s12?

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Haha not me! I've somehow managed to avoid illegal drug use but I've known some very interesting & diverse members of society during my time in hospitality.
fc54d89af6de5bc4970f47a1c5d38322.jpg

Shtinatina, is an 8 ball your solution to watching South African rugby? Surely things would have to get a bit more interesting with some artificial adjustments!

Status
Not open for further replies.