• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kieran Read goooone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
For 4 weeks. No Carter(wife having a baby), no Read, no McCaw vs Stormers and Sharks = No chance.

"The Crusaders have suffered a massive setback for their daunting back-to-back assignment in South Africa, with in-form No 8 Kieran Read ruled out with a toe injury. Read was withdrawn from the trip to South Africa, after the injury he suffered late in Saturday night's 55-20 win over the Southern Kings in Christchurch turned out to be worse than first thought.
Scans on Sunday revealed the All Black No 8, who has been playing some superb rugby, has suffered a partial tear of ligaments under a big toe. Read is expected to be out of the game for a minimum of four weeks and has stayed in Christchurch to receive treatment."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, now that's a huge loss. I was surprised on Saturday that Blackadder didn't rest him when they had game in bag, as I actually said to mate while watching game the one person I didn't think thay could afford to lose was Read, with no Carter and Richie,thye could look a little thin in leadership group.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm gutted. Love watching Read play. It will be interesting to see how this affects the saders as they were just finding some form.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone tipping Richie may have a short break from sabatical? Would the NZRU permit it?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
George Whitelock will definitely step in and lead the Saders. If he is out, then yeah I'd be worried if I was a Crusaders supporter.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not saying anyone is as good as Read, but Luke Whitelock has played well in the loose every time I see him. G Whitelock can captain, Taylor is good enough at 10 and Matt Todd has been pretty good at 7.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Roff'sC, anyway,much as feel for Crusaders, thems the breaks, you get injuries happening in rugby, so you have to deal with them. Luke Whitelock is good enough to make ABs training squad, and as you say is not to shabby at playing either 6 or 8!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It will be good to see Jordan Taufua and Jimmy Tupou play as well now that the opportunity has arisen. I really want to see how they go since they both played well in the ITM Cup.

saderista

Bob McCowan (2)
Massive win for the Crusaders, excellent games by Whitelocks S&G, Willi Heinz, Bleyendaal and M Todd!
Todd Blackadder came up with a genius game plan that the team was able to execute and along with their defence in the last 10 minutes or so assured an incredible win. So much heart in this team!

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
This match show more or less the gap between SA top teams and NZ 3rd best team Crusaders > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sharks/Bulls/Stormers/Cheetahs > > > > > > Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.