• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lads, help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
You know that line about - I think - Matt Dunning? To the effect that he was looking determined, but he had to more than that, he had to push?

Can anyone give me the accurate line, and who said it, please?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You know that line about - I think - Matt Dunning? To the effect that he was looking determined, but he had to more than that, he had to push?

Can anyone give me the accurate line, and who said it, please?

Can't help with the actual words but I think it was said about the Fuse, who has a rather fierce and concentrated stare just before the touch, pause, engage.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Al Baxter use to be called Scrumface by some of the NSWRU coaching and development team.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Dunning will always be known for his infamous field goal

[video=youtube;qAvMKkC1kjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAvMKkC1kjA[/video]

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it was the intercepts that more put Dunning on the map I reckon.

Are they on youtube?

My first memory of him are him decking a big Argie lock (I think) in what would have been close to his first game for the Tahs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I always remember Dunning early as the big fat dude that was a bit of a cult figuire.

W

WB3

it was the intercepts that more put Dunning on the map I reckon.

Are they on youtube?

My first memory of him are him decking a big Argie lock (I think) in what would have been close to his first game for the Tahs.

The intercepts were legendary. It's a pity the drop goal was at such an unfortunate moment or that would have been awesome.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
The intercepts were legendary. It's a pity the drop goal was at such an unfortunate moment or that would have been awesome.

I was there that night and it was rather symptomatic of that 'tahs season. They had the spectacular car crash of a loss against the Stormers (they were leading 24-0 after about 20 minutes only to lose 35-24 or something like that), the loss against the Reds where Wendell scored a double, the last gifting the Reds a BP and denying the 'tahs any (think it was Nathan Blacklock in one of if not his last appearances for the 'tahs). The drop goal was just an exclamation point on a disappointing season.

W

WB3

I was there that night and it was rather symptomatic of that 'tahs season. They had the spectacular car crash of a loss against the Stormers (they were leading 24-0 after about 20 minutes only to lose 35-24 or something like that), the loss against the Reds where Wendell scored a double, the last gifting the Reds a BP and denying the 'tahs any (think it was Nathan Blacklock in one of if not his last appearances for the 'tahs). The drop goal was just an exclamation point on a disappointing season.

I remember it well.

On a completely trivial note, tell me if it is a figment of my imagination; did one of either Blacklock or Duncan Mcrae ("I'd love to have a beer with Duncan" etc) score a try involving a kick bouncing off the posts directly back into their hands? If it happened it was at a home game. If it didn't, I don't know why I remember something along those lines.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I remember that Sailor double - the first try of which was really symptomatic of the Tahs that year. The Reds scored, and Wendell took the kick-off, broke Freier's attempted tackle, and ran about 70m to score a(n all too easy) solo try. The Tahs that year could really dominate games - for 10 to 20 minutes at a time before having complete fades. Probably didn't help when you carry big fat lazy bastards like Lyons in your side.

WB3 - I recall something similar, McRae would be my guess, but my memory is appalling at times. BTW, I thought Blacklock was underused by the Tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.