• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Law question - TPN's tackling technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That was an unfortunate tackle because it was at a bit of an angle and Taute was hit in the leg that was planted on the ground.

I don't think there was anything overly wrong with the tackle and can't see how it would ever be illegal. It's just part of rugby that injuries, particularly to knees are an unfortunately common occurence.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It was just too good of an example of the kind of injuries that I was worried about in relation to the 'grass-cutting' tackling style. I think the general consensus in this thread was that it would just require too many laws to be shifted or require way too much discretionary decision making on the part of the match officials to legislate against it efficiently. I do think that any measures which could prevent these kind of injuries without changing or watering-down the game should be put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.