• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Wasn’t Pone just an A grader that got told he’s more suited to Rugby? Can’t imagine his fitness would have been able to go near state cup level. Skelton was the same and is a fine Rugby forward.

We need midfielders. Big, fast, violent runners that understand the simple things like draw n pass which league nail.

Haas chat is fun because he’s a true anomaly.
Tight 5 is where we need better athletes to compete. Minus Bell the tight 5 yesterday was a bunch of plodders. Slipper past it, Porecki not close to standard, Arnold a catch.com version of his brother and Frost athletically gifted but a wet pillow in contact. They were beaten up by a bunch of bruisers in red

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tight 5 is where we need better athletes to compete. Minus Bell the tight 5 yesterday was a bunch of plodders. Slipper past it, Porecki not close to standard, Arnold a catch.com version of his brother and Frost athletically gifted but a wet pillow in contact. They were beaten up by a bunch of bruisers in red
Big needs there and Bell has been a shining light but we won’t find them in League. Front Row in Rugby is technically too hard to pick up and they don’t carry guys around 200cm we want as Second Rowers. Yes Thorn did it sure but go find me another Thorn.

I hope frost continues to develop but yes he needs to harden up in contact.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Big needs there and Bell has been a shining light but we won’t find them in League. Front Row in Rugby is technically too hard to pick up and they don’t carry guys around 200cm we want as Second Rowers. Yes Thorn did it sure but go find me another Thorn.

I hope frost continues to develop but yes he needs to harden up in contact.
Not saying from league. More highlighting that the issue isn’t our backs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think there is talent in at least the front row coming through.

Plenty of good U20s in the last few years. If they get plenty of games…. We’ll be in a good spot that way.

Second Row has been a bit thinner. We tend to shove big 8s into the Row and wonder why it doesn’t work.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Think there is talent in at least the front row coming through.

Plenty of good U20s in the last few years. If they get plenty of games…. We’ll be in a good spot that way.

Second Row has been a bit thinner. We tend to shove big 8s into the Row and wonder why it doesn’t work.
Jack Barrett to make his debut for the tahs next yr. We'll see him at the u19's in a few days aswell.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
I think we're on a hiding-to-nothing trying to sign already-established NRL players. We'd be better served going to a NSW/QLD U16s league carnival and targeting a few players. The problem here is the lack of a pathway from 16s-18s unless they attend a union school. You'd have to be smart with the $$$ too. I wouldn't be getting into a bidding war with an NRL side, rather show a lesser-known kid (but still a very good footballer) a bit of love.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They have been doing this with Rugby kids to their credit with players like Goldsbrough in QLD and Tonga in NSW. Jorgenson is another.

It’s still an issue that the first 2 are at least are years off being effective in Gold.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
One bloke I've been watching keenly is Jack Howarth, who's currently at the Storm. He made his debut this year. He played Union in Brisbane for BBC. He's a big boy (6'5", 103kg) and would make a great 12. It'd be interesting to see how much you'd have to pay him to come across.