• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Line-out Laws & Tactics, any fellow back rowers out there? Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good work AS, congrats on your GF win, it's an awesome feeling isn't it!!

It sure is! Especially when its against a team you have a massively hateful rivalry with. We actually trained against our mens premier 3 side the week of the GF & I think that helped with preparations. The guys at our club are happy cause our mens teams are having a tough year we'll be lucky to get one in the GF there, I'll be fully able to support them now.

W

wikman

Just watch out however. As some refs do not agree with you, although you are correct in saying you can leave as soon as the ball has been played from the center of the lineout, you may be wrongly called for offside. If i were you i would always just go straight for the 5/8 as its highly unusual for a halfback to box kick from a lineout. And there will always be other defenders coming across with you covering the inside channel defusing an inside ball from the 5/8.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just watch out however. As some refs do not agree with you, although you are correct in saying you can leave as soon as the ball has been played from the center of the lineout, you may be wrongly called for offside. If i were you i would always just go straight for the 5/8 as its highly unusual for a halfback to box kick from a lineout. And there will always be other defenders coming across with you covering the inside channel defusing an inside ball from the 5/8.

Yep, we asked the ref before the game his interpretation on that & fortunately he didnt consider it offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.