• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Link still Reds coach and Foley goes to the Force...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
CONTRARY to popular belief, Ewen McKenzie has not coached his last game with the Queensland Reds.
McKenzie will again be head coach of the Reds in 2013, with Western Force recruit Richard Graham to essentially be an assistant coach.
When news broke of Graham's controversial appointment in early April, it was reported he would be head coach with McKenzie becoming a "director of coaching".
Now, though, it is clear McKenzie will have the bigger clipboard next season.
The Reds were eliminated from the Super Rugby finals on Saturday with a 30-17 loss to the Durban-based Sharks at Suncorp Stadium.
They will begin their pre-season in early October, with Graham, already living in Brisbane, to begin official work with the Reds in late September.
Defensive mentor Matt Taylor recently accepted a full-time position with Scotland.

Graham will take over Taylor's role next season, before upgrading to head coach in 2014, when McKenzie will be either a Wallabies coach or a high-ranking Reds official.
McKenzie said 2013 would be a year of transition for the coaching staff. "I will still be travelling to all the games and doing all the game-day things. Nothing much will change," McKenzie said.
"We need to bring Richard up to speed on what this organisation is all about.
"Next year will be about him learning how we do business.
"A few titles have changed, but my role will be the same.
"I've been here for three years now. I'm sure we will modify a few things, but I am still coach.
"There's no confusion for us - people just assumed a few things."
McKenzie said he had already begun planning for next year.
That was evident 10 minutes after the full-time whistle sounded last Saturday, when McKenzie and Reds captain Will Genia were still involved in an animated discussion surrounding game strategy.
The pair were pointing to various parts of the field, anguishing over wrong options taken and what could be done better next time.
McKenzie then spent the early hours yesterday dissecting the game against the Sharks, analysing the stat sheet and drawing conclusions.
There were no season-ending wild celebrations, or boozy think tanks, nor will there be.
"I just watched the game tape back, did some analysis and went to bed," McKenzie said.
"There wasn't a lot to celebrate after that result.
"I'll have some quiet drinks with staff soon."
While McKenzie's job will not change, it appears NSW Waratahs coach Michael Foley will head west to sit in the chair Graham left empty.
Foley steered the Waratahs to a streak of eight losses, but he is regarded as an excellent man manager who has not been properly supported during his current role.

Very interesting....

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
What??

For real? This is big Waratahs news and it's just in the last 2 lines on a story about who will hold the clipboard at the Reds. Bloody Courier Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.