• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to ruck.co.uk this is the itinerary:

British and Irish Lions’ 2025 tour of Australia

2 July: Queensland Reds (Brisbane)
5 July: Waratahs (Sydney)
9 July: Brumbies (Canberra)
12 July: Invitational Australia and New Zealand team (Adelaide)
19 July: First Test vs Australia (Brisbane)
22 July: Melbourne Rebels (Melbourne)
26 July: Second Test vs Australia (Melbourne)
2 August: Third Test vs Australia (Sydney)

Would rather they play Force than what will be a massively under-strength Invitational side.

They're also reporting that Andy Farrell will be named as coach in the next few days.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Would rather they play Force than what will be a massively under-strength Invitational side.

They're also reporting that Andy Farrell will be named as coach in the next few days.

yeah the itinerary has been out for a while now

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Not sure that list is correct/complete - the WA announced the western force game would kick off the tour a while back:

Optus stadium have it listed for the 28th of June

I do agree they should ditch the Australia/New Zealand game though. Without any buy in from New Zealand they're better off just running an Australia A side, or failing that make it a super rugby all stars and open it up to the various other nationalities making up the super squads as well.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Not sure that list is correct/complete - the WA announced the western force game would kick off the tour a while back:

I do agree they should ditch the Australia/New Zealand game though. Without any buy in from New Zealand they're better off just running an Australia A side, or failing that make it a super rugby all stars and open it up to the various other nationalities making up the super squads as well.

Yeah there is def the force game at Optus, the B&I are also playing Arg at the Aviva as the 1st game before leaving

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Pleased to hear Force get a game.

If AB go to Africa (excursions to Namibia, Zimbabwe & even Kenya have been floated) as mooted it's possible they take up to 50 players which doesn't leave much in the way of top-class players for a combined XV. Australia A or SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) All Stars makes way more sense.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Pleased to hear Force get a game.

If AB go to Africa (excursions to Namibia, Zimbabwe & even Kenya have been floated) as mooted it's possible they take up to 50 players which doesn't leave much in the way of top-class players for a combined XV. Australia A or SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) All Stars makes way more sense.

Think the Anzac game was going to pick a few NZ guys that were in Japan Richie M was the main target & players like that not npc guys

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Think the Anzac game was going to pick a few NZ guys that were in Japan Richie M was the main target & players like that not npc guys
Hopefulyl a few players in Aus that are strong but not eligible.

Like Ekuasi, Eloff & Proctor from the Rebels, Moli from Force.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think the concept could work if it is limited to NZ players from Aussie Super Rugby sides together with a selection of Aus A standard players. Would give the likes of JTA, Hodgeman, Sefo Kautai, Jahrome Brown, Tamati Tua and Ollie Sapsford a chance to show their wares at this higher level.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I think the concept could work if it is limited to NZ players from Aussie Super Rugby sides together with a selection of Aus A standard players. Would give the likes of JTA, Hodgeman, Sefo Kautai, Jahrome Brown, Tamati Tua and Ollie Sapsford a chance to show their wares at this higher level.

I dont think the concept it about picking aus a to test their wares I think its more of an all star/Barbarians line up

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd imagine it'll be as much of a Wallabies plus overseas ABs as they can secure releases for and/or can justify not keeping in cotton wool for the test the following week.

Still imagine that a handful of blokes mentioned within Australia sides will be considered, but I can't think this game is about anything but money and prestige, and a slightly topped up Australia A probably won't do it.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just for a bit of fun say its a 13/10 aus/nz split here are some AB’s outside the rsa tour that could play

2 Coles
3 Laulala
4 Whitelock
6 Frizzel

9 Kerr-Barlow (now qualifies for both)
10 Richie

12 Proctor

19 Brodie R

21 Smith/TJ/Weber