• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was just looking at this, I think the 18/3 is just when tickets go on sale to general public for the tour games (not tests). Most people on here would have already jumped the queue through other sources.

I don’t think tickets for the test matches go on sale after the ballots which is not until early 2025.

You can get tickets now through some packages but pretty expensive

my query is that if I currently have 7 gold super rugby memberships for 2024 and assuming I re-sign for 2025 I believe that gives me 14 ballot entries.

But is the maximum possible tickets I can be offered still only 2 tickets or could I be drawn in the ballot multiple times and get more than 2 tickets?

The other issue I guess is if you definitely want to go to the Brisbane test then there is no guarantee that is the game you will be offered in the ballot?
Unfortunately I wouldn’t bank on getting any decent seats in the ballot. They will be allocated to all of Phil Waugh’s mates and to the corporate packages. Good luck!

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Unfortunately I wouldn’t bank on getting any decent seats in the ballot. They will be allocated to all of Phil Waugh’s mates and to the corporate packages. Good luck!
Thanks, I managed to get tickets today to the Brisbane test after realizing last minute it was on sale today
Not sure what the point of the ballot is now though ….

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Thanks, I managed to get tickets today to the Brisbane test after realizing last minute it was on sale today
It was only a partial selection of tickets that went on sale, there is still the ballot and I think another public allocation to go with more tickets released each time

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Does anyone know of any good pre-game functions before the Brisbane test or still way too early for this?
I know there are lots of good packages available but they include tickets to the game which I have now bought separately

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I not sure what the ballot is about, if there is still another lot of tickets to be released etc, I would think it just as easy to release them all.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Minister for War & Finance landed some tickets through her MCC membership. Quick, painless process that didn't involve the Ticketek roulette.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You really know you are old when you look at Lions test ticket prices and think ffs they are having a laugh

And they aren't even good tickets

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
You really know you are old when you look at Lions test ticket prices and think ffs they are having a laugh

And they aren't even good tickets
$350 to sit at the top of the MCG with binoculars, they are having a laugh.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
to be fair, the offer to MCG members is more than reasonable and they can apply for 10 each I think.
Get the roladex out Kev!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
$350 to sit at the top of the MCG with binoculars, they are having a laugh.
Yeah the Platinum for two was about $1,200 or as the boss described it 3 or 4 nights at the Airbnb in Rome

(I knew at that moment it was going to be a hard sell)

Another lesson in opportunity costs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I guess it will come down to how ticket sales go as to whether the prices are too high or not.

For the ~40k Lions fans travelling for significant chunks of the tour, whether they pay $650 for a match ticket or $400 is really just a rounding error.

It is a once in 12 year event. My view is that you can't really look at the biggest event the sport has to offer and decide it needs to be made more accessible to the average fan.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It is a once in 12 year event. My view is that you can't really look at the biggest event the sport has to offer and decide it needs to be made more accessible to the average fan.

Agree. I can understand why there would be buyer apprehension due to the current state of rugby and the Wallabies here. But you really are buying ticket to an entertainment experience and not just a game of rugby. Still cheaper than what most tweens paid for Taylor Swift from what I understand.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Agree. I can understand why there would be buyer apprehension due to the current state of rugby and the Wallabies here. But you really are buying ticket to an entertainment experience and not just a game of rugby. Still cheaper than what most tweens paid for Taylor Swift from what I understand.
From my experience of friends in UK and Ireland, they are not as acutely aware of the political Rugby problems in Australia - they clearly know Australia sit 10th the global standings, but having the Lions come out and win 3-0 is what they want - albeit with some small resistance.

I am being tapped daily from people in the UK to buy tickets for them.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Nah, they’re about double (if not more) what TSwiz was charging for roughly equivalent seats.

Surprised we haven’t seen any “You won’t believe how much the wallabies are charging for tickets!” articles

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
12 years on and I've still got the best memories of the Brisbane Lions Test. The result sucked but my god it was the most electric live event I've ever witnessed. Worth every penny.

Do we have any idea when Phase 2 of the ticket release will be?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah, they’re about double (if not more) what TSwiz was charging for roughly equivalent seats.

Surprised we haven’t seen any “You won’t believe how much the wallabies are charging for tickets!” articles

Taylor has also toured Australia 4 times since the BILs were last here, and will have comparatively fewer "inbound" tourists to exploit with Singapore hosting 6 capturing all of SEA in the most recent tour (I dislike that I know this in detail)