• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions v Waratahs - Round 16, 30 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
(And this shit talk about "Oh that tackle just went wrong" or "he fell awkwardly" should in no way excuse these tackles. Fact is, the tackler has a duty to bring them to ground safely. )

While understanding what you saying Pfitzy, I think the tackler has a duty to not lift the legs past waste height, rather than bring them to the ground safely, if we are to penalise tackles that are not brought to ground safely, the only way to tackle ever would be to wrap players in arms and gently lower them, even the best tackles don't involve worrying about hitting the ground, it is just drive into legs and let them crash into ground I think.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
I've seen it pointed out elsewhere but not sure if this has been addressed here - both Latu & Horne got their sentences reduced. They also both got the two week 'deterrent' added on. But Horne had the deterrent added first, then the sentence halved, whereas Latu had the deterrent added after the original sentence was halved.

So Horne got 4 weeks plus 2 weeks cut in half = 3 weeks, Latu gets 4 weeks cut in half plus 2 weeks = 4 weeks.

Nice one judiciary.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've seen it pointed out elsewhere but not sure if this has been addressed here - both Latu & Horne got their sentences reduced. They also both got the two week 'deterrent' added on. But Horne had the deterrent added first, then the sentence halved, whereas Latu had the deterrent added after the original sentence was halved.

So Horne got 4 weeks plus 2 weeks cut in half = 3 weeks, Latu gets 4 weeks cut in half plus 2 weeks = 4 weeks.

Nice one judiciary.
CONSISTENCY!

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The guilty aren't the judiciary... its the players... disappointing for the fans but thats how the Tahs choose to play... Tackling players off the ball is a Chekia speciality... Sledging opposition players... Tahs really need to take a good look at themselves... breaking doors could help

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The guilty aren't the judiciary. its the players. disappointing for the fans but thats how the Tahs choose to play. Tackling players off the ball is a Chekia speciality. Sledging opposition players. Tahs really need to take a good look at themselves. breaking doors could help
absolute rubbish post. How is tackling players off the ball a Chieka specialty. His sides play with aggession thats why they have all been successful. Cant be dissapointed in Horne when he just executed a text book tackle that as kids your taught. Skelton and latu was silly as was Jackpot.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I disagree with your claim that it was a text book tackle.

From a contact perspective Horne drove his shoulder in under the rib cage and around the hips of the attacking player with head to the side. making every attempt to wrap the arms around.

Curious to know how you and others would teach a kid age 10 how to tackle? We cant be teaching our kids to go in with the welfare of the attacker as their prime concern. This means they go in half hearted get their head in the wrong position and get injured.

Yes the player was hit so hard that he came from his feet but he lands on his back. The interpretation or wording of this rule has got to be changed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.