• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Reds Rd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What just happened? What are the ramifications of this performance? This is so far below a proffessional competion.

He lost a bit of control and his scrums were not set properly (so he might get a bad rating). Other than that he did a good job. Red's just aren't used to a ref actually sticking to his word. And if you watch the game you will notice the Lions actually responding to the ref, while the Reds just ignore every word (ie: Shatz).

The first yellow was probably the main decision that will go against him. That could have been play on I think. So yeah, he's not in the top few this round and might have to work his way up to a top 6 game again.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
It's a national disgrace, if Lyndon bray does not fire him by 7am aest tomorrow, bray should be fired for not firing someone in the appropriate timeframe

T

tranquility

I am almost certain that an inquiry into that refereeing performance will be already in the process of being prepared. I can't name my emotion as I don't know what it is, quite frankly I feel stunned.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Waiting for saffer fans to come and defend the ref in 3...2..1..

It doesn't take a saffer fan to point out that if he was going to rig the game he'd probably do most of the rigging in the first 60 minutes, not the last 10. But let's not let common sense get in the way of a good witch hunt.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It doesn't take a saffer fan to point out that if he was going to rig the game he'd probably do most of the rigging in the first 60 minutes, not the last 10. But let's not let common sense get in the way of a good witch hunt.
Stop trying to bait. You clearly didn't watch the game.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah cmon, I think we are being way to hard on the ref. The commentators seemed happy with his performance.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Again I draw everyone's attention to the 911 response - USA demanding Pakistan close it's borders. The qru must demand the instantaneous firing of the referee

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Penalties
Reds 16 or 17 (depending on source)
Lions 4

Does that seem at all like any super game you have seen.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
He lost a bit of control and his scrums were not set properly (so he might get a bad rating). Other than that he did a good job. Red's just aren't used to a ref actually sticking to his word. And if you watch the game you will notice the Lions actually responding to the ref, while the Reds just ignore every word (ie: Shatz).

The first yellow was probably the main decision that will go against him. That could have been play on I think. So yeah, he's not in the top few this round and might have to work his way up to a top 6 game again.

Gee mate, I didn't realise that standing up in the scrum, throwing the ball to your side of the line out, not releasing the tackled player and standing in front of the last man's feet were legal in the game of Rugby... Oh wait, they weren't, but only for the Reds.

There is no way in hell you can call that an even performance in the last 15 minutes. I have never seen such blatant levels of bias in professional officiating, its really what you expect at U13 level from school provided referees. I agree, he picked up the reds for (usually) the right ruling. But then let the Lions get away with the same infringements.

But we all appreciate your baiting, being the diehard QLDers we are. So cheers for argument's sake.

It's a shame, we outplayed them in every facet of the game. Hard to win one like that.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Yep, hit the nail on the head, reds have been pushing on engagement all season and been getting away with it with the weaker inexperienced Aussie ref's. Hookers leg already up is a basic school boy error that Fiangiaa kept repeating (you could see it on the replays). The rest of the calls the ref got sufficiently correct to not influence the game.

Both team were warned pre-game about what was going to be focused on (if a TV interview with the Ref's is insufficient to get the message across you have to be asking questions), and the reality is the Red's are pushing the boundaries now as they have simply run out of talent. Version 2011 was good, but it outdated in 2014 as we can all see.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well have you got a counter argument or is this the "baselessly accuse the match officials of fraud hour"?
My counter argument is I watched the game. The referee clearly favoured the Lions by penalising the Reds for anything and everything he could think of while blatantly ignoring the Lions transgressions.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Penalties
Reds 16 or 17 (depending on source)
Lions 4

Does that seem at all like any super game you have seen.

Well that stat alone isn't going to tell you anything. I have seen lob sided penalty counts in lots of games, most of which one team was persistently infringing and playing with fire at the ruck.

I didn't say he didn't have a bad game, I'm saying he'd be an idiot to try and rig a game by giving away 2 yellows in the last 10 minutes. A point that seems lost on a few here. All I'm saying is that people should think for an extra second before proclaiming some grand conspiracy is at hand.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
ref-stuart-berry.jpg

He strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.