• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Oh wow North out is actually a really huge deal. He's been in really spectacular form. Hope for the Wobs yet?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
North would be a massive loss, Manu would have been a shot for a bench spot so not a big loss. If Kearney can prove his fitness he could come into the test team with Halfpenny at 14 and Maitland at 11. There must be a reason for Gatland sticking with Kearney through this injury, so I have a feeling he could feature heavily in the test series.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I'd wager it is his high ball ability and custodial talents. A bit obvious, I know, but hear me out. They're running the English defensive pattern so at most 3 players are back (when the opposition has the ball inside their own 22 - 10, 15 and a loose forward all drop) but when the opposition is outside of their own 22 they only leave two players back. Hogg got exposed as a custodial fullback by the Reds the other night. Halfpenny is good but I don't think he's as strong under the ball as Kearney is and 1/2Penny doesn't exactly have a clean injury sheet. Their pattern absolutely requires someone who can defuse kicks well and read the play or the green space back there is easily exploitable.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Their pattern absolutely requires someone who can defuse kicks well and read the play or the green space back there is easily exploitable.

Won't be to surprised to see Zebo and Halfpenny at wing if North is out. Zebo has both wing and full back test experience, think he would rather forget about the full back opportunity though.

Although TB should be back for the second test as well.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It really looks like the quality of the Lions squad is going to be tested to its limits with all the injuries. As usual those called up as injury cover have a better chance at a test spot than dubious initial squad selections.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Will he be a loss for the Scarlets though or might the Turks be pleased enough to see the back of him?
I would think North would be a lose to any side, I don't understand your ref about the turks being pleased to see the back of him, Welsh rugby just doesn't have the financial resources to offer more Money than our English or French cousins,

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I would think North would be a lose to any side, I don't understand your ref about the turks being pleased to see the back of him, Welsh rugby just doesn't have the financial resources to offer more Money than our English or French cousins,
Funnily there were some Turks I met last season who questioned whether it was a good thing for their club to have Welsh players in the squad. The Turks have bought into the regionalisation process more than the other franchises I suppose but I was amazed to hear it as was I to hear Dragons fans not exactly wailing about the exit of Lydiate.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Funnily there were some Turks I met last season who questioned whether it was a good thing for their club to have Welsh players in the squad. The Turks have bought into the regionalisation process more than the other franchises I suppose but I was amazed to hear it as was I to hear Dragons fans not exactly wailing about the exit of Lydiate.

They hardly ever saw them, due to team Wales commitments but that's another argument.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Don't expect Williams is the test standard he was, but he should be pretty fresh, big game player. Good tactical fill in for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.