• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Manly 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm with you here, Eddie is another example, plays with Regels then Tonga, and despite many years at Manly is now a Marquee - stupid when having players like that only strengthen our rugby depth.

When you say "our rugby depth", I assume you mean Manly's as allowing players who are not eligible to play for the Wallabies to play SuperRugby weakens Australia's rugby depth, so it seems a very fair rule to me.

Your example of Eddie A is a strange one given that he was not picked up by a NRC team. The Rays didn't even select him despite having the weakest scrum in the comp.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
When you say "our rugby depth", I assume you mean Manly's as allowing players who are not eligible to play for the Wallabies to play SuperRugby weakens Australia's rugby depth, so it seems a very fair rule to me.

Your example of Eddie A is a strange one given that he was not picked up by a NRC team. The Rays didn't even select him despite having the weakest scrum in the comp.
Gee your a bit negative at the moment, Eddie is another example - contract OS is why he didn't play NRC. I recall a club in England with out going back to check.

We can all have different views, mine, let's keep as much quality in Aust as possible as competition pushes talent higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.