• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Manly 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are you suggesting Dombkins should have been selected over Melrose in the Rays ?

Melrose is 31 Dombkins 21 where is the future?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Wish the season would hurry up and come around.
Front Row, - Rory O'Connor, Mitch Lewis, Jimmy Gentle, Chris Cocco, Dane Maraki, - and also watch out for Tyron Rota.
Hookers - Porecki has been spending time with the Tah's, John Wunder or maybe Mitch Lewis spending some time in 2 - hearing good things about Sio Tatola will he be a 2.

& more next week.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wish the season would hurry up and come around.
Front Row, - Rory O'Connor, Mitch Lewis, Jimmy Gentle, Chris Cocco, Dane Maraki, - and also watch out Tyron Rota.
Hookers - Porecki has been spending time with the Tah's, John Wunder or maybe Mitch Lewis spending some time in 2 - hearing good things about Sio Tatola will he be a 2.

& more next week.

Happy New Year Dave.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Locks - unfortunately my intel is a little light on as its fishing season.
Some may think the loss of Greg Petersen maybe felt, and others haven't rated him. I did and wish him all the best in the RWC later in the year.
Ed Gower, and ?
Sigg, backing up another year, brings a different game to G, would no doubt bring allot more open and attacking rugby.
Melrose, Lead two's to the title last years against a strong Uni side, and has played plenty of time in ones.
Wesson, had a strong year last year before injury.
And there is a bit of chatter above about Dombkins.
Or could it be a colt that steps up and makes a fist of it?
Prior to last year G was out injured and our forwards where often considered one of the strongest in the comp. Sure we'll be up there again this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Second Row. IIRC Matthew Philip played with the Stars in NRC.

Have the MMM lost him to the Corporation for SS 2015?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Philip has gone. Marlins coaches expected it but were unimpressed with how he went about it. Also Gower is a strong possibility of heading to Europe. Add that to Lucas, Swanepoel, Milroy, Hingano, Sefenaia,Petersen and Aholelei.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Philip has gone. Marlins coaches expected it but were unimpressed with how he went about it. Also Gower is a strong possibility of heading to Europe. Add that to Lucas, Swanepoel, Milroy, Hingano, Sefenaia,Petersen and Aholelei.
You cant replace that amount of talent and experience overnight unless you go out into the player market and you cannot attract players especially from overseas without some $$.
Manly have some good colts but none are ready to fill some of these players shoes.

T

turnovertwopasses

Thats a huge shame about Phillip. How did he go about it? What'd he do wrong?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Thats a huge shame about Phillip. How did he go about it? What'd he do wrong?
Yeah a shame, with discussion about locks on the Tahs 2015 thread I'm surprised nobody through his name up after the NRC. Better in Aus than loosing another off shore - as to how, not sure but it's happened and who knows may come back in years to come.
I was disappointed that he wasn't with the Rays, it would have been good having G, Ed, and Matt there - not sure why players like Matt, Chisolm, Swanny, Sigg etc had to go abroad - but that is my one eye having this view.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I forgot to metion that Dane Chisholm has gone to the Dogs. Also Sam Croke and Tim Donlan are new Marlins.

Status
Not open for further replies.