• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Manly 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dave , is that all the issues are at Manly (healthy competition. ) Well time will tell should they make the GF and win , maybe all will be forgotten within.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Lanes defence is excellent, particularly front on. What do you base this comment on?

And pulling this away from the main thread.

I have no issues with Sam's D, 15 man game and to isolate one player - really? That loss would have hurt, and no doubt would not wont to be felt again.

I'd like to see a few options though, an example - with the line outs, if option A is not working we have option B & C, and i don't mean where the ball goes to - I mean attacking options off / from the line out.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I've watched every Manly game this year and despite my bias I disagree. Sam is an excellent slide defender and front on. He's been carrying a significant knee injury all year and I think this is the basis of his positional play at lineout and defensive situations.
As have I.
If people want to direct play and attack at a weakness that is not there because of what they read it provides us with opportunities elsewhere.
I see every game twice, and watch because i enjoy it, but to also to look at strengths and weaknesses.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeah harsh, Laney a better player than I was, and will ever be. I assume that's the case with everyone here?
Goldy,
Weekend hurt, we just stopped playing, made a couple of errors, on the Shute thread let world think they can attack the 10 channel at their own peril.
Very happy with Laney there, like Reece at 2nd 5, and BJ at 15.
Also like the fact that we arent favorites now, we can simply go about our business.

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
A question for the diehard MMM's followers.I have just seen on your web site the teams for this weeks games.
4th grade , Jim GENTLE
3rd grade , Chris COCCA
2nd grade . Mitch LEWIS.

please correct me if im incorrect ,
Gentle on one leg would be better than current THP,
Cocca , makes team of the week for the past 3 weeks and still in 3rds.
Lewis , played ever game last year in one's and wins B/F and can't get a start in 1st and is picked by the Ray's.

I watched a ex manly player now with Norths 1st grade who had trouble making 3rd grade last year ( his words not mine ) take it to the current MMM's LHP

Are you guys just foxing with team selections.o_Oo_O

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A question for the diehard MMM's followers.I have just seen on your web site the teams for this weeks games.
4th grade , Jim GENTLE
3rd grade , Chris COCCA
2nd grade . Mitch LEWIS.

please correct me if im incorrect ,
Gentle on one leg would be better than current THP,
Cocca , makes team of the week for the past 3 weeks and still in 3rds.
Lewis , played ever game last year in one's and wins B/F and can't get a start in 1st and is picked by the Ray's.

I watched a ex manly player now with Norths 1st grade who had trouble making 3rd grade last year ( his words not mine ) take it to the current MMM's LHP

Are you guys just foxing with team selections.o_Oo_O

I'm not a selector but watch games.

• Gentle - if you have been following us as much as your posts suggest, you would be aware Jimmy has been out for some time and i think tomz maybe his third week back.
  • Cocca - yes interesting, injured in ones V Uni, 7 weeks out, and he is getting back to full fitness. But seriously I reckon this side is good enough to win the comp and I'm trying to crack the code on why they arent in the finals. I reckon Chris's presence will be felt through the finals.
  • Lewis - I would have like to see some time in ones this year, but having lost only 2 games it is hard to say the scoreboard results in team changes.
Mr Rota, yeah liked his work rate last year he has a huge motor and wish he stayed, throw Rory OConnor in that mix to - I wish he stayed.
Now Mr Johnno - how is your Norths thread going over there, allot of interest on our side of the spit. If you were coach and team manager, and had access to all those props plus Tyron, and Rory would you have a magical solution?

Mr Johnno - just going to check out the Norths thread now.

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
Take it easy dave , no need to spoil friday night beers with a little friedly banter between clubs.
Good luck tomorrow against Gordon , no Gower , Lucas , Berglin o_O

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Lucas , Bergelin , Gower all out for the MMM's , might be upset this weekend :p

Donlan has been on fire this year, and apparently playing behind the half back that has had the sole responsability of carrying the Marlins to 14 wins and only 2 losses - :cool:

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Big ask there Dave, who would he replace?

Well i'm thinking but have know knowledge, Fakai will do allot of work in the first half and create all sorts of problems.
Then Mr Hodge will move back up from 15 and play 2nd five as he has most of the year and carve it up, with BJ reading the game as he does from the back.

As i said just my take.

ballin.legend24

Frank Row (1)
Don't know Fakai, but I'm banking on Tui to have a field day against him tomorrow. As for Hodge I love his talent, I think he's a better option at 10 than Lane. My honest opinion

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well - Gordon well played yesterday, and you had Uni in your sights the week before.
Man i like our second grade side, another strong performance - drew the good straw doing their match reports each week. Vaka Manu had another huge game - he creates serious dents in the D and is now doing it for the full 80. He attracts numbers and allows our backs to play from side to side. Our backs are humming and with Yaz and Sireli on the flanks points are being scored.
A few 12 josling for position this week Vaevae who has been one of the best, Fakai after his stint in ones, and Gilmore was on the bench yesterday.

And ones - Lane can't front on defend - ha ha what a load of BS he did it all day yesterday and did it with aplomp. His kicking game also kept us out out of reach, or just out of reach, as the Gordon forwards piled on the pressure at the breakdown and Timmy Donlan was given scrappy ball all day. There was a noticable change in game when Hodge shifted back to 12 and BJ came on - the crew was back together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.