• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Meet Thomond and his Bar staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
And Ons Wiantjie. Seeeeeeeednneeeeee, Easter Saturday.

I'm in town for the World Bar Conference that weekend, and I'm thinking of going to the game. Any suggestions on how I should get tickets?

[Edit: changed topic to reflect intent]

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Re: Tahs v. Blikore

you could get tickets by rocking up at the gate, they will be lucky to get I5000 at the cheetahs game, plenty of seats to go round

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Re: Tahs v. Blikore

I'm glad that Tooheys New in plastic cups makes the circuit for the world bar conference.

If you want to go with people from here we'll get tickets closer to the match. As WJ said, there's no threat of the Cheetahs match selling out. You can also buy tickets online at Ticketek

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm not to excited about the Blikore/Tin Ears/Cheaters but I'll have a beer with you, T.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bliksem the Ierse Boer deserve a losie ticket! Oom Lee, Lind, Blou, Nick can I put my trust in you to give our wine expert the treatment he deserves!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What - an uppercut?

I may be able to swing Easter Saturday, given I'm effectively on leave at that point. Buying at the gate can be a pain in the arse, so let me chat with The Boss and see if I'm allowed out that night.

Scarfy you want in?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Honestly guys, if there is one person I'll buy a ticket to watch a game of rugby anywhere in the world it will be Oom Lee Grant.

Still have plans to go to the RWC next year and my son told me I had to stop over in Sydney, if I do that I expecting to meet most of you lot.

Nick take control Boet, some things a Mrs dont allow, you do the claiming! Washing dishes or make up the bed or sleep in the other room for a month in exchange for a big night with Thomo!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm in. I will be in town that weekend, and happy to buy Thomo a beer or three. I reckon the Cheetahs game will be good - they'll have a crack, and the Warrabores will possibly have some flair by then.
Should try to include a visit to Royal Randwick for the races as well..or is that too much for Rumpole of Corcaigh in 1 day?

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I hope it is a late dinner Thomo. As the game would be a 7.30pm kick off you wont be out of there till after 9.30. On the bright side you can be in a restaurant/pub within 10mins and not be sitting on a train stuck somewhere west of the ANZAC bridge.

I would love to have a beer to debate the safety merits of collapsing mauls but unfortunately I'm in the middle of wedding season and am booked up that weekend.

By the way were you involved in the lawyers world cup up in Scotland last year?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Perhaps we could arrange Cliffy Palu to drop by and discuss his perfectly legit tackle on Rob Kearney while we're at it?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:
Alas, I can't go on the proper tear, as I have to go a dinner afterwards, with the missus. :'(

Bring her along!

Gagger said:
Perhaps we could arrange Cliffy Palu to drop by and discuss his perfectly legit tackle on Rob Kearney while we're at it?

Or Duncan MacRae's perfectly justified assault on Ronan O'Gara and his evil elbows? :)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
NTA said:
Thomond78 said:
Alas, I can't go on the proper tear, as I have to go a dinner afterwards, with the missus. :'(

Bring her along!

Gagger said:

Or Duncan MacRae's perfectly justified assault on Ronan O'Gara and his evil elbows? :)

A perfect example of heredity in action.

Because everyone knows; if you, or McRae, could come up a half-way believable defence to the charges, your ancestors would never have become Australians in the first place...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm no convict, I'm a £10 migrant. You should have come, T. We have 2 world cups. And sunshine. And dentistry. And a soccer team to support in the other world cup. And hot chicks. And beaches. Not much in the way of literature or culture, but who needs it?

Anyway, if I get the call up for Saturday 3rd April, I'll be there.

S

Spook

Thomond78 said:

You've really thought this through :lmao:

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Spook said:
Thomond78 said:

Actually, thought it was the organisers of the Conference who hadn't. Turns out the event dinner is on Sunday night, so I can go to the game.

However, the Missus feels like coming too. Tricky... :nta:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thomond78 said:
Spook said:
Thomond78 said:

Actually, thought it was the organisers of the Conference who hadn't. Turns out the event dinner is on Sunday night, so I can go to the game.

We can get a caged area for the Scarfers.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
cyclopath said:
Thomond78 said:
Spook said:
Thomond78 said:

We can get a caged area for the Scarfers.

Why does the bit of the Twelfth Man commentary with Big Merv and Bay 13 expressing their mutual admiration suddenly come to mind...?

Status
Not open for further replies.