• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels have a much more complete squad for next year than other teams, so I suspect a lot of players who are currently listed as unsigned are already taken and I doubt the Rebels have much left in the way of signatures. But looking around at the unsigned, if we could take them:

- Joey Walton need some starch and depth in the centres
- Fines-Leleiwasa is contending again with Ian Prior and now Nic White, yet to re-sign. Would be a good get with only Tuttle signed on for 2024
- Carlo Tizzano is available and has a some good backrowers ahead of him at the Force and we don't have a good 7 after Wilkin.
- Same above but for Charlie Cale

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So am I right in saying that house 3rd XV inflicted Qunis 1st defeat all season across all grades today? If so surely thats a shout the bar type of situation. Watched the Dewar shield game, I get why there is a points system in Sydney but Kemu Valintini & IAK are far too good to be running around in our comp.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So am I right in saying that house 3rd XV inflicted Qunis 1st defeat all season across all grades today? If so surely thats a shout the bar type of situation. Watched the Dewar shield game, I get why there is a points system in Sydney but Kemu Valintini & IAK are far too good to be running around in our comp.
Indeed, House won 3rds 15-0. That was quite the record by Quins to that point in the season.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Aston Vaiotu, formerly of Waratahs academy and I think trained with the Rebels in the '21 offseason has moved on from Racing 92 with no known next destination.

He only played 2 games off the bench for a total of 4 minutes... So sounds like a very, very rough gem. But he is a 2.02m tall, 130kg lock and only 21 years old. So ya know, some unteachable attributes there.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Apparently the Rebels have signed Jack Maunder from the English Prem. Has been capped by England.
English capped scrumhalf to replace Louwrens? It's all coming together.

149 caps for Exeter, won a premiership with them. Only 26. Weirdly started losing his starting spot this year to his younger brother Sam this year.

Will bring a lot of experience to the Rebels. Great for Carter Gordon. Here's hoping he has an Aussie grandma, not sure I'm loving the foreign legion.