• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Toby Smith
Ged Robinson
Laurie Weeks
Luke Jones
Hugh Pyle
Rob Leota
Sean McMahon
Scott Higginbotham
Will Genia
James O'Connor
Marika Koroibete
Mitch Inman
Stirling Mortlock
Tom English
Reece Hodge

James Hanson/Jordan Uelese
Nic Henderson/Matt Gibbon
Paul Alo-Emile/Sam Talakai
Matt Philip/Cadeyrn Neville
Colby Fainga'a/Gareth Delve/Brad Wilkin/Jordy Reid
Nick Phipps/Nic Stirzaker/Luke Burgess
Kurtley Beale/Tamati Ellison/Billy Meakes
Sefa Naivalu/Andrew Kellaway/Cooper Vuna

It's actually sad reading thru it all.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think we've rumbled it:

Bumhole City = Cracking Rugby Team.

Melbourne, Auckland, Sydney = better things to do.
Doesn't work in Perth not that much to do and still a struggling rugby team. I suppose being so isolated and an AFL city its a tough gig. It took the force 10 years to start looking like they were developing a good culture and team and we didn't get too see if they could improve on that.

Everything comes back to winning. Teams like the force and rebels have a small amount of die hard fans but bugger all casual fans. I'm sure if the force won a title and were winning 80 percent of their games the crowds would triple. The first couple of years we saw huge crowds and after a while people stopped going because it's not the best vibe when your always losing. I can't remember what sort of crowds the rebels used to get in their first couple of years. I'm assuming it was better. 15-20k. The five were averaging around 27k a game through the first few years. Almost got 40k to one game.

Without crowds of 15k plus I'm not sure any team can be profitable. Would be interesting to see what the sustainable number is

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Doesn't work in Perth not that much to do and still a struggling rugby team. I suppose being so isolated and an AFL city its a tough gig. It took the force 10 years to start looking like they were developing a good culture and team and we didn't get too see if they could improve on that.

Everything comes back to winning. Teams like the force and rebels have a small amount of die hard fans but bugger all casual fans. I'm sure if the force won a title and were winning 80 percent of their games the crowds would triple. The first couple of years we saw huge crowds and after a while people stopped going because it's not the best vibe when your always losing. I can't remember what sort of crowds the rebels used to get in their first couple of years. I'm assuming it was better. 15-20k. The five were averaging around 27k a game through the first few years. Almost got 40k to one game.

Without crowds of 15k plus I'm not sure any team can be profitable. Would be interesting to see what the sustainable number is
There are so many casual fans in Melbourne, who followed the Wallabies back in their glory years. But alas the Rebels are shit so they don’t bother also their kids have no interest in union and want to go the the basketball or footy.

So you are right it all comes down to winning

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I went to the NBL for the first time this year, my 7 year old is playing basketball and I know one of the coaches for SE Phoenix so got free tickets. The atmosphere was actually amazing, way better then then I was expecting. But Rebels and Storm to shame, can't comment on AFL as I have not been in over a decade.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Toby Smith
Ged Robinson
Laurie Weeks
Luke Jones
Hugh Pyle
Sean McMahon
Colby Fainga'a
Scott Higginbotham
Will Genia
Danny Cipriani
Marika Koroibete
Reece Hodge
Timati Ellison
Tom English
Jason Woodward

Had Lockey Mitchell at 12, but had to fit Hodge in somewhere.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
1708910510809.png

Give me a little more hope.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
o watch the Wallabies get pummeled, does anyone know how to select the cheap seats or is this pre-sale only selling exxy ones?
Based on the above, that looks like the Rebels game against the Lions they're selling not the Wallabies.

Last I heard there's still some crappy ballot to get tickets to the Wallabies game.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Based on the above, that looks like the Rebels game against the Lions they're selling not the Wallabies.

Last I heard there's still some crappy ballot to get tickets to the Wallabies game.

Yes, correct. This is the second part of the message.

1708913424477.png

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So 11 years ago, RA doing a lot better, Rebels doing a lot better. I was able to buy 8 tickets for the Rebels game and 4 to the test, both at smaller venues. Has this RA board looked at anything to compare notes?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Extract from PWC letter to creditors 23/02/2024 (Confirmation of Extension):

"............
On 21 February 2024, the Administrators and Directors agreed to the following conditions with respect to the
extension to the convening period:

a) that funding to meet the reasonable costs of the administration for the period of the extension must be
provided to the Administrators within 72 hours of a cost estimate (or updated cost estimate) being provided
to the Directors;

b) details of the proposed DOCA must be submitted by close of business on 22 March 2024, including
confirmation that the key stakeholders required to participate in or agree to the DOCA are supportive of the
DOCA proposal, or a later day where the Administrators consent;

c) if the above details are forthcoming to the satisfaction of the Administrators, the Directors will then be
afforded a further 21 days to negotiate and finalise the draft DOCA proposal for inclusion in the
Administrators’ report to creditors ahead of the second meeting;

d) if the Administrators form the view at any point in time that the proposed DOCA is no longer a viable option,
they will convene the second meeting of creditors after providing 72 hours’ notice to the Directors; and

e) the Administrators will act reasonably and work with the Directors to formulate a suitable DOCA for the
benefit of all creditors.

The Court was informed of the above conditions prior to the Orders being made.
................."

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looks like Rebels/Force are selling (via Ticketmaster) but the others aren't yet on sale (via Ticketek). Reds originally said tickets would go on sale to members in Q1 2024 for the tour game and early 2025 foe the test