• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Taking a stab here but I’m guessing Marika is the top or thereabouts and Hodge would be close as he is all time leading points for the rebels from memory (but did a heap of kicking).
Koroibete, Hodge, English would be top 3, not sure who 4th is

Hodge is 1, English 2 for trys. I know that much anyway.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I’m 99% sure Hodgey is no.1

This is actually a major issue with Super Rugby, stats are a hard find. I could do a simple search and find out who the top scorers are at any NRL club down to about 20th position I’d say. Actually rugby in general is poor with detail and these things at a player level

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh I just found something online which had the order as:

1. Hodge
2. Marika
3. Maddocks

But it was only up till end of season 2020.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Assume he's on a Wallaby top-up, so I would be very surprised if he's not.

Also hearing RA and MRRU are in the same room tomorrow. Don't know ifthat means mediation, hugs, or poker day. More watching of this spaace.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Anyone heard scuttlebutt about Daugunu not being paid? Bit of gossip on one of the facebook fan pages.
There was an odd statement pre-match when they were talking about him not playing that "he had chosen not to play" or something along those lines. Commentary didn't interrogate it and it could have just been an odd turn of phrase for an unlucky injury or being dropped for missing a team meeting but a pay dispute would also explain it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Just checked the replay - at about 13:00 on the broadcast Foote is asked about the late change with Daugunu out and says:
"... Obviously 'Lipo has decided not to play and that's fine, the rest of the boys are up for it."

Doesn't sound like he was joking, sounds a bit pissed off but it's hard to tell with the South African accent and it could also be because it's not a change you want to make. Still, adds plenty of fire to those rumours

Last edited:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'm going to be really harsh here, if Daugunu has let the team down last minute choosing not to play, when he understands everything going on and people are fighting in the background to save the club.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, not the kind of bloke we need in a fight for survival.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'm going to be really harsh here, if Daugunu has let the team down last minute choosing not to play, when he understands everything going on and people are fighting in the background to save the club.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, not the kind of bloke we need in a fight for survival.
It's still unclear the exact circumstances here but if he's not being paid what do you expect? A lot of these guys took major pay cuts through covid and have limited time in their career to earn, it's understandable for them not to have a lot of patience anymore if payments aren't being made. At the end of the day they don't owe the club anything beyond what the salary buys (true for all of them but especially for the new arrivals), if it's not being paid why should they be expected to still turn out for free?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Say you've been working at a company for 4 months and your employer said 'hey we'd love you to keep working, but we can't pay you'.

What would you do?

We don't even know the circumstances behind this and you're telling this player to get fucked essentially.