• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Right after the train to the airport?
Train to the airport? Why would you want that.

Out west there is so much housing development that the plans are in motion and have a lot of backing. I live in the inner west, and while it's not that far away in KM, AAMI park is still easier to get to but I understand the need to play at a smaller stadium and will go there if it means watching rugby.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was just making a joke.
I know,

City of Wyndham is Vic second biggest council and will be first after the next census. It covers a huge area that is covering pretty much every new development in the west over the last 30 years. In 91 it was 60K, in 21 it was 292K. The train line is already in place and it's just adding another station between Tarneit and Wyndham. It would make my life easy if they managed to connect Wyndham and Werribee Stations though

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No doubt there's going to be a lot of big promises and cash thrown around there leading up to the next state election...

Reactions: mst

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Now here's some interesting discourse.

Skybus is only worth it if you're travelling solo. If there's two of you, already at $50 one way, three $75 etc. I can get a $50 uber to the airport in 1/4 of the time of the skybus.
Yeah, I'm 20-30 min drive and $20-30 parking when booked in advance. To get to the skybus I need to catch the train into the city 35 min. So not worth it for me.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I just watched Sunday’s episode of Offsiders on the ABC. It was good to see Storm prop Christian Welch, who was a panellist, give a shout out to the Melbourne Rebels being in 4th place amidst all the uncertainty.

Unfortunately, the next story after that was a 20-odd minute delay in the A League Women's finals match because the lights went out. That match was being played at ... you guessed it ... Tarneit.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Christian Welch is roommates with Brad Wilkin, he is also a rugby union fan from back in the days playing schoolboys in QLD during the Reds 2011 premiership years.

Last edited:

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
He also said now is the time for NZ Jail rugby to destroy rugby in NZ. He's no friend of our game.
Fucking mungo.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He also said now is the time for NZ Jail rugby to destroy rugby in NZ. He's no friend of our game.
Fucking mungo.
Such a sad concept that the sports can't coexist. Good luck to the Warriors, they're a solid team who have shifted the style of play and are winning some games. Do Catalans Dragons threaten French Rugby? No and they made the Super League GF last year and get good crowds to their matches.

There are 30 FT League players in NZ. A lot more in Aus, but unless the NRL decide NZ has some financial potential beyond very good crowds at Mt Smart I think they'll be happy to see them hum along. If the NRL said we want NZ and to divert resources it would be at the cost of the game in Aus which I'm sure the AFL would love.