• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
How much will it cost for the this consortium to fund the Rebels for 5 more years through 2030? Are we going to be back here in 2 years blaming NSW?
Expenses have been $5m higher than revenue for the last 3 years.

Surely they need a financial model that addresses that shortfall - which really means another revenue source.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Expenses have been $5m higher than revenue for the last 3 years.

Surely they need a financial model that addresses that shortfall - which really means another revenue source.
And this group is tied to Western United in the A League? It's a BIG cost to be the side project to an A League side trying to get a ground. Enough drama with Ch10s future and Paramount I'd love to see where this cash is.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
the white moderator from up north that racist posts where to reported to with no action taken?

seems you jumped at it pretty quick maybe guilty conscience

Nah just tired of your unhinged posts.

Being angry about your teams financial issues isn’t justification to be making unfounded claims like this

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
In some positive news the rebels shield kicks off today & the 16's has now grown to 8 schools & the creation of the 18's

I know the white ppl on here from up nth this would make their skin crawl but down here its so good to see the PI community keep going from strength to strength.

Just take it a little easy on the "white fella" stuff mate...

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Some stats following Friday night's game:
- Jordan Uelese overtook Richard Hardwick (67 games) into 8th on games played list for Rebels;
- Andrew Kellaway passed Sefanaia Naivalu (16 Tries and 80 points) into 5th on Rebels try scorers list and 13th on Rebels points scorers list).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Read and share team. This is from Alan Latu, the famous voice of AAMI Park. Look out on your socials, and make sure you follow the instructions.

I’m posting a video tomorrow with a specific call to action for all Victorian Rugby fans (rebels or not) to show up to what maybe the Rebels last game if RA don’t approve the licence. The in game call to action will be a standing ovation at the 13th minute of the game to acknowledge the clubs 13th season. I’ll prompt it over the MIC. This is just a heads up. I’ll set up the post if you can share it with as many people as possible.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
1715583014488.png

Latest socials have a lot of this man running aobut quite freely. A very good sign indeed.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Looking at the table, winning this week would be the biggest result for us, would secure 6th on the table. Would also pretty much secure 3rd for the Brumbies, meaning an all Aussie quarter final.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Read and share team. This is from Alan Latu, the famous voice of AAMI Park. Look out on your socials, and make sure you follow the instructions.

I’m posting a video tomorrow with a specific call to action for all Victorian Rugby fans (rebels or not) to show up to what maybe the Rebels last game if RA don’t approve the licence. The in game call to action will be a standing ovation at the 13th minute of the game to acknowledge the clubs 13th season. I’ll prompt it over the MIC. This is just a heads up. I’ll set up the post if you can share it with as many people as possible.
As long as he does it at about half the usual volume.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Big Al message drop in Insta.
Find it.
Share it.
See you Friday.
Bring your mates.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If they want to time things perfectly, you think something is announced on Friday. RA powerbrokers should be there for the Wallaroos match. Would be the sweetest timing.