• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Men behaving badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
England rugby player Danny Care had been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol

Disgraceful behaviour from a professional sportsman. England's drinking team needs to crack down hard on its rugby problem.

Spooony. The joke is amsuing, albeit well worn in. Your avatar is, however, truly disturbing. If I have to take a dump at work today I may just go in the stairwell if I can't get the image of your avatar out of my head.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
... If I have to take a dump at work today I may just go in the stairwell ...

And we're back to rugby league again...

But to reply to the original post, I think the spate of off-field incidents that happens around this time of year probably reflects the fact that the life of a professional sportsman is often really, really boring, and no more so than during pre-season training. So it's not surprising that that they get up to mischief. Money + boredom = danger. That's not to excuse any of the perpetrators - it seems that there is a large number of players in most codes that are able to go out on a saturday night without incident, high profile or low profile.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Open post to all the people who had a sook about my post.

I don't idolise any of these guys.
I have seen first hand how all of them behave.
Big fukn deal he got kicked out of the pub.
There is no word of exactly what transpired.
You have all played judge and executioner.
Everyone behaves like dickheads on the piss.
Why does everyone care so much what they do when they are having a night out.

T

TOCC

And we're back to rugby league again...

But to reply to the original post, I think the spate of off-field incidents that happens around this time of year probably reflects the fact that the life of a professional sportsman is often really, really boring, and no more so than during pre-season training. So it's not surprising that that they get up to mischief. Money + boredom = danger. That's not to excuse any of the perpetrators - it seems that there is a large number of players in most codes that are able to go out on a saturday night without incident, high profile or low profile.

Its a common trend not confined to professional athletes...

Police and hospitals experience a spike in incidents over holidays

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can I just point out one major difference in the incidences - :

Rippa - In the workplace

Cooper - On his on time.

As much as we hate it the first is more severe, for content and location.

QC (Quade Cooper) is a dickhead on the piss. If it has taken you this long to work that out I am not sure what rock you have been sleeping under. Let's face it - we really don't know what happened.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
QC (Quade Cooper) is a dickhead on the piss. If it has taken you this long to work that out I am not sure what rock you have been sleeping under. Let's face it - we really don't know what happened.

i dont wanna put the boot into the guy, but on the article several people commented this, last year when he stole the lap top, again several people said this. now in this thread a few people have said it.

why does his coach come out in support of him and say he should be allowed freedom. no selling it would provide me with a better opinion than excusing him and blaming the public for it.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Satire: A form of humour apparently totally missed by GAGR forumites.

The trouble is - satire is supposed to be extreme, and that's not as extreme as some views that are readily expressed in public forums in the US.

I can't decide if that makes it more genious, or will just fan the fires of ignorance.

Anyway - enough on this, I've found an awesome book on solving poverty by selling the babies of the poor as food for the rich. There's more than a few very tasty recipes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
i dont wanna put the boot into the guy, but on the article several people commented this, last year when he stole the lap top, again several people said this. now in this thread a few people have said it.

why does his coach come out in support of him and say he should be allowed freedom. no selling it would provide me with a better opinion than excusing him and blaming the public for it.

If I was the coach, I'd come out in support in public, but push for some sort of alcohol counselling in private. It would be interesting to know what Link did.

T

TOCC

If I was the coach, I'd come out in support in public, but push for some sort of alcohol counselling in private. It would be interesting to know what Link did.

Id tell him to make sure the girl didn't have a boy friend before hitting on her next time

Status
Not open for further replies.