• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

More Kiwi Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Rugby superstar Dan Carter says he's torn between his home bases in Canterbury and Auckland as he finalises his plans to return to action in New Zealand although he gave a strong hint that he's still red and black at heart.

Carter arrived back in New Zealand from his injury-hit sabbatical in France on Thursday. He fronted a large media gathering in Auckland today and plans to sit down with his management on Saturday to sift through his options.

He says he still probably won't be able to play until August but is looking forward to contesting the Air New Zealand Cup to push for an All Blacks place on the end of year tour.

Now it's just a matter of who he plays for – his beloved Canterbury outfit or Auckland, where he has based himself with his partner Honor Dillon in his more recent times.

The blue and whites have a glaring vacancy at No 10, Carter's position, but Canterbury and the Crusaders have also struggled there in his absence.

"Obviously I'm off contract with Canterbury. I haven't thought too much about it while I have been over in France, I've been pretty busy there," said Carter.

"I'm flying to Dunedin tomorrow for the test match but also to catch up with my management group and find out what they have been doing in the last couple of weeks."

The he let his emotions speak.

"Christchurch is still the place that I hold close to my heart. But I'm living here in Auckland so I have a house in both.

"When it comes to rugby Canterbury and Crusaders rugby (means) so much. It's juggling which place is home but it (Christchurch) is where my family and friends are.

"It won't be an easy decision. But like I said Christchurch is where my family is, it the place closest to my heart, it's given me so much to get to where I am now with the opportunities they have given me ... it's a great place."

Carter believed the French would provide good opposition for the All Blacks but he still backed a home victory.

He said he had been frustrated by the Achilles injury in February that restricted his playing experience to just a handful of games for Perpignan.

But he valued his time there as a life experience and felt he had learnt some new rugby attributes as well.

He would consider returning to France but was content now to spend the next two years in New Zealand working towards the 2011 World Cup here.

Yanked from Stuff.co.nz aka rugbyheaven.co.nz

Dunno about you fellas but this looks like he's setting the Canterbury fans up for the fall.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Re: More Carter Drama

In Scorz' pointless opinion, The DC will play for the Crusaders, no-one in their right mind would be keen on playing in a Pat Lam "coached" team.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

It's the power of the pussy .. She obviously wants to be in Jaffa Land. He wants regular poon.

It's a simple equation. Especially since Dingo isn't there anymore. He knows Neon Leon's career is toast. There's really only Casey Laulalalala left in the backline that isn't under 21.

I reckon the right amount of 0's will get him to the blues.

I bet Graham Henry has thrown his 2 cents in for the boiled lollies.

669544.jpg

Pretty homma kit I reckon

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

Nah, you underestimate the power of the Cantab/Crusader pull. He knows Slackbladder, Hammett et al. He knows that their academy will bring good players up into the set up, unlike the Bluesers who choose players with the physique but without the brains or the ticker.
If he does move I'd say it'll be detrimental to NZ Rugby. No man has ever risen to greater things by surrounding himself with farkwits.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

Scorz said:
Nah, you underestimate the power of the Cantab/Crusader pull. He knows Slackbladder, Hammett et al. He knows that their academy will bring good players up into the set up, unlike the Bluesers who choose players with the physique but without the brains or the ticker.
If he does move I'd say it'll be detrimental to NZ Rugby. No man has ever risen to greater things by surrounding himself with farkwits.

lol

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

He'd get a very ugly reception next time he turned out at Jade...

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

I forgot to add, the Auckland kit is A Class, Country and Western, Special Olympics G'hey.

And I'm a Waikato boy before anyone calls me a Cantab.

And it's always an ugly reception at Jade, but you try and pack that many hicks in one place! ;)

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

Hurricanes rugby wing David Smith was more than twice the legal alcohol limit when he was arrested for drink-driving, police say.

Smith appeared at Wellington District Court yesterday and signed an autograph for a fan in the court's waiting area.

He was remanded to appear at a later date. He has yet to plead.

Court documents say he recorded 821 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath when arrested by police on the morning of Sunday, May 24 more than two times the legal limit and little more than 24 hours after the Hurricanes' Super 14 season ended when they lost a semifinal 10-14 to the Chiefs in Hamilton on the night of May 22.

Smith also faces one charge of operating a vehicle carelessly. He declined to talk to media. Hurricanes team management would not comment while the matter was under police investigation.

"Once the legal process has concluded, the NZRU will commence its own misconduct process," it said after Smith's arrest.

You can take them out of Auckland - but in the end... they're still Jaffas.

And I thought David Smith was gonna to make a good show of it this year.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

Yeah I think it should have more consequences for young dumb guys but as was pointed out to me it actually impacts very little on their chances of higher honours once the NZRU has gone through their disciplinary process. Probably a good thing in some ways as it might serve asa life choice warning, we all do dumb shit and either rise above it or stay paddling in the poo.

I doubt Smith will ever be an AB though, think he has found his operational ceiling.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

eddo said:
It's the power of the pussy .. She obviously wants to be in Jaffa Land. He wants regular poon.

There are probably more metrosexuals in Dorkland to hang out with for Dan. I believe the gf is just a front to protect his gayosity. 8)

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

Scorz said:
Yeah I think it should have more consequences for young dumb guys but as was pointed out to me it actually impacts very little on their chances of higher honours once the NZRU has gone through their disciplinary process. Probably a good thing in some ways as it might serve asa life choice warning, we all do dumb shit and either rise above it or stay paddling in the poo.

I doubt Smith will ever be an AB though, think he has found his operational ceiling.

You reckon? I saw him up close and personal in the Wellington Club comp when he was first on loan to the Hurricanes. He's devastating. I think he isn't far off the likes of Rudi Wulf (I still don't get how he got in Black) And Joe isn't Joe anymore. He's got better D than CJ and probably Siti - Who is a game breaker but can get a case of the Lauakis Syndrome from time to time. Masaga was more of a let down for me. When he was ripping it out in the NPC he was amazing.

2 yrs. Smith. AB.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

NTA said:
eddo said:

There are probably more metrosexuals in Dorkland to hang out with for Dan. I believe the gf is just a front to protect his gayosity. 8)
Myth: There are lots of Metrosexuals in AKL.
Reality: There are just lots of poofs in AKL pretending to be Metrosexuals.
Reality part 2: Wellington has more downtown cafes, therefore more Metrosexuals and Poofs.

Myth: The DC is gay
Reality: No-one cares as long as The DC is happy and ready to do his thing.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)

eddo said:
Scorz said:

You reckon? I saw him up close and personal in the Wellington Club comp when he was first on loan to the Hurricanes. He's devastating. I think he isn't far of the likes of Rudi Wulf (I still don't get how he got in Black) And Joe isn't Joe anymore. He's got better D than CJ and probably Siti - Who is a game breaker but can get a case of the Lauakis Syndrome from time to time. Masaga was more of a let down for me. When he was ripping it out in the NPC he was amazing.

2 yrs. Smith. AB.
Nah mate you must be watching a different player. This year CJ has shown it in spades on defence over DS, and Sivi is in another class from DS as an all round package.

Wulf has played better this year and with the ping-pong laws he's the preferred choice for defence then attack, in that order. It's what some (not me) call the ruin of the game: games are no longer being won by offensive weapons as often as big defence.

1 year. Smith. Northern Hemi Euro footy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Scorz said:
Reality part 2: Wellington has more downtown cafes, therefore more Metrosexuals and Poofs.

I think its more that they put everything into downtown to try and keep the fucking place warm in that wind :)

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

NTA said:
Scorz said:

I think its more that they put everything into downtown to try and keep the fucking place warm in that wind :)

Can't argue there,.. I almost got spun onto my freaking head trying to run to the pub.

I do think Wellie has the best atmosphere downtown though. Great bars, .. Easy women.. Burgerfuel.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)

Scorz said:
eddo said:
Scorz said:

You reckon? I saw him up close and personal in the Wellington Club comp when he was first on loan to the Hurricanes. He's devastating. I think he isn't far of the likes of Rudi Wulf (I still don't get how he got in Black) And Joe isn't Joe anymore. He's got better D than CJ and probably Siti - Who is a game breaker but can get a case of the Lauakis Syndrome from time to time. Masaga was more of a let down for me. When he was ripping it out in the NPC he was amazing.

2 yrs. Smith. AB.
Nah mate you must be watching a different player. This year CJ has shown it in spades on defence over DS, and Sivi is in another class from DS as an all round package.

Wulf has played better this year and with the ping-pong laws he's the preferred choice for defence then attack, in that order. It's what some (not me) call the ruin of the game: games are no longer being won by offensive weapons as often as big defence.

1 year. Smith. Northern Hemi Euro footy.

No way.. 1 yr? .. not a chance. Hosea will leave before DS. Lome Fa'atau went euro and heard he's not enjoying the cold combined with a forwards only style of play. Of course,.. there's no Tui or Double Brown where he is now. lol. Not a MSP fan.

Righto righto,.. you want a prediction?

Dane Coles will be at the 2011 world cup with Hore injured and Mealamu getting useless. He's more 'team' than Elliot, Demalminge and Flynn has already been cast aside.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
27-22 pour Les Bleus - now there's some drama!
France played it simple but tough, ABs made lots of mistakes. Some of the bigger names fell a bit short - Nonu patchy, Donald was Donald (unfathomable at times), Thorn a bit quiet and the back row obviously not at the level to which the ABs are accustomed. Muliaina tried hard, some great takes of the high ball and a nice bust for the ABs last try.
Would have been unjust had the French lost.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yep the Hane was pretty great, go figure my losing skills thread. S14 aint the power it was and this now start to show in SH rugby. That Elvs will take time to change, make no mistake.

Pretty fun reading threads on TSF" Reason to hate France, exct, exct, exct Suck it up arrogant twats. learned many moons ago you NEVER underestimante the Hane, NEVER!

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yup we got rooted, although the intercept try gift from Lucky Luke did ruin what I thought up until then was a fair scoreline. Well done Les Bleus
I've got Adam Thomson, Toeava and Rokocoko as guys who need a big wake up call.

Thomo to be dropped in favour of someone who actually does the 7 job. Toeava as a tits-for-hands choker, and Rokocoko who wouldn't tackle and doesn't break the line enough anymore. Who to replace them with? Latimer, cupboard bare at 13, and if Rok isn't going to tackle we may as well have Masaga there, at least he might add a line break once in a while.

Last but not least the ref let the Froggies play offside for most of the night. No excuses though, the times the AB's looked dangerous was exploiting that same play by chipping in about 10m behind the Frog line. As usual, we were to retarded to keep doing what worked.

Above all, Mils had a great game and lead from the front, which is impressive for a fullback. He is the best fullback in the world.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Scorz said:
Last but not least the ref let the Froggies play offside for most of the night. No excuses though, the times the AB's looked dangerous was exploiting that same play by chipping in about 10m behind the Frog line. As usual, we were to retarded to keep doing what worked.

I agree the ref was lenient with offsides, particularly on the French tryline, but I actually thought he did a really good job. The two tests last night showed the difference a good ref can make- the NZ/France game was open and free flowing, with minimal stoppages. On the other hand, Aus/Italy was a pedantic, stop-start affair where the ref couldn't speak English and had no idea what was happening at the scrum so decided to ping Australia off the park.

Yeah the NZ/Fra ref (was it Owens?) made a few errors but thats to be expected. I would have him over our ref any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.