• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

MOTM 3-2-1, Wallabies v Boks ,Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Thought I would start the Motm nominations
As per usual rate the best three players 3-2-1

3 Bam Bam
2 Portley Beale
1 JOC (James O'Connor)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 - KB (Kurtley Beale)
2 - Man Child Bieber (JOC (James O'Connor))
1 - Bam Bam Pocock

Tough to pick
Perhaps Sharpe deserves an honorouble mention cause without him the forwards went to the shitter.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't usually like to critique these 3-2-1 things, it is a vote after all, but I don't get what JO'C did? He fell over the line once, and was gifted another try by Habana. I thought as a winger, Mitchell was more incisive (and was robbed of a try, but it didn't matter, we scored next phase anyway). I remain sceptical as to why he is being played on the wing.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't usually like to critique these 3-2-1 things, it is a vote after all, but I don't get what JO'C did? He fell over the line once, and was gifted another try by Habana. I thought as a winger, Mitchell was more incisive (and was robbed of a try, but it didn't matter, we scored next phase anyway). I remain sceptical as to why he is being played on the wing.

He played more like a winger this week, rather than playing like a full time seagull. There should've been a winger on the bench to replace him, though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I agree.

He really adds nothing on the wing.

Unfortunately despite his talents I don't think there's a spot for him in the match 22. He's not a winger. He's not a fullback. And he's not quite good enough for inside centre.

Beale is playing really well at fullback, but I still think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is our best player for the position. He really needs more space to work his magic. Unfortunately there's no one to cover outside centre.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I agree.

He really adds nothing on the wing.

Unfortunately despite his talents I don't think there's a spot for him in the match 22. He's not a winger. He's not a fullback. And he's not quite good enough for inside centre.

Beale is playing really well at fullback, but I still think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is our best player for the position. He really needs more space to work his magic. Unfortunately there's no one to cover outside centre.

No one playing 13 this season has been put into space or given space to do something. It is more about the channels Aus are attacking than the player.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
like beale i think JOC (James O'Connor) really needs some time coming of the bench at S15 level.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
3. Sharpe - the forwards went to sleep without him and how useful would he have been in those two crucial lineouts at the death?
2. KB (Kurtley Beale) - the manchild with a 'mo had a breakthrough game
1. J'OC - started brightly with two meatpies, worked hard on D

Status
Not open for further replies.