• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

MOTM 3-2-1 Wallabies vs All Blacks, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnjoel04

Re :Maafu's tackling!

You are 100% right. He was a great tackler last night especially against Nonu. I just re-watched the game and he actually had two turnover's at the breakdown.
His belly makes him look immobile but he was great.

If Beale has the ability to be creative, why not shift him to Fly-half. Quade should have out-played Cruden but that wasn't the case. The earlier we drop him, the better. If Beale can dance and tackle better than Quade, then what's the hold. Cooper should play 21. Let's drop the Vice-Captain-Mr. Barnes.

We need Mortlock back to 13. Horne played well but has been plagued by injuries the whole time. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) right hand-off is getting old and he is not the player he used to be. I would love to see Robbie Coleman somewhere on that 22 list.

3. Beale
2. Turner
1. Moore

Think Ma'afu is being unfairly criticised at the mo. Last night was probably his best game for the Wobblies, he upped his work rate around the park, was effective a number of times in the loose and did OK against The Myth who, yet again, got away with murder last night. How many times does he have to drop his bind on the engage, put his hand to stabilise himself and then bore in before the ref/touchy spot it and do something about it?

W

WB3

We need Mortlock back to 13. Horne played well but has been plagued by injuries the whole time.

Spot the problem. Trading one injury-prone bloke for another (who has barely played in forever) won't help.

Beale is killing it at fullback due to the space the position inherently gives him. At flyhalf he would immediately be under greater pressure and I don't think that would bring the best out of him.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
3. Beale
2. McCalman
1. Turner

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of McCalman on the EOYT

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
You are 100% right. He was a great tackler last night especially against Nonu. I just re-watched the game and he actually had two turnover's at the breakdown.

If Beale has the ability to be creative, why not shift him to Fly-half. Quade should have out-played Cruden but that wasn't the case. The earlier we drop him, the better. If Beale can dance and tackle better than Quade, then what's the hold. Cooper should play 21. Let's drop the Vice-Captain-Mr. Barnes.

We need Mortlock back to 13. Horne played well but has been plagued by injuries the whole time. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) right hand-off is getting old and he is not the player he used to be. I would love to see Robbie Coleman somewhere on that 22 list.

I agree and I think Coleman will leapfrog To'omua at 10 for Brumbies next season, but a 22 spot with the Wallabies now is pretty farfetched considering he does not even have Super contract (I think?). If Quade does ditch the Wallabies after the RWC Robbie should be given a definite crack.

Back to topic,

3. Beale
2. Pocock
1. Sharpe

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
^ The Old Boys Choir were heroic. Best anthem singing in a long time. Come back bigger, louder and prouder next year! On a side note - they may be helped slightly by having a more even mix (volume-wise) between Williamson and the choir if they want to achieve that "large crowd of proud men" effect more strongly. Anyway, I love them.

Hear! Hear! Makes you weep to think how lucky the Welsh are with the Brobdindagian Men's Choir to sing their anthem. So, so much better for rugby. Do yer reckon we could get a Facebook petition of, say, 20,000 signatures to have a PROPER men's choir (at least 30 blokes) to do the anthem next time?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
3. Beale
2. Elsom
1. Turner

For once I could hear the crowd in the background for our anthem, so something must have worked. I think the Old Boys Choir should be made ANZ stadium resident choristers. In fact, official ARU anthem singers. No, anthem belters. Official anthem belters. Can we start a campaign?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No reason why the Old Boys Choir concept can not be franchised out to respective State chapters for all Men in Gold home games.

Take Moses's hint and get the Army Brass Band there as well. Forget the premix tape.

C'mon JO'N sort it out.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
G&GR chapter of the Old Boys Choir for special occasions? We do have an operatic baritone at our disposal, albeit in Pommieland mostly I think.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Mortlock? Pfft. Timmy Horan is looking pretty well, and how about Mark Ella for that troublesome tight head propping position?

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
3. Gilbert
2. McCalman
1. Rocky

The first time this year Pockock has failed to make my 3-2-1. Perhaps I now expect too much?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
after the Spring Tour we'll do a complete run down. Bundy Rum Player of the Series. Tri Nations PLayer of the Series. Spring Tour Player of the Series. And then the big one, the G&GR Wallaby Player of the Year.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
after the Spring Tour we'll do a complete run down. Bundy Rum Player of the Series. Tri Nations PLayer of the Series. Spring Tour Player of the Series. And then the big one, the G&GR Wallaby Player of the Year.

Hopefully no-one is in the dark about who'll be bringing home that bacon this year.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. McCalman
2. Beale
1. Pocock - Even when his strengths are reffed out of the game he still makes a difference.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)

Unless somebody breaks a leg and then missed the Spring tour, this surely is sorted already isnt' it?

Status
Not open for further replies.