• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Munster v. Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
16th November, 2010, Thomond Park.

You heard it here first. Well, first after the ten year ticket holders were told, but you know what I mean.

We decided we'd give ye a chance to get your revenge after the last outing. ;)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It's been on the cards for a while but I guess what you're saying is that it has been confirmed. Games against Leicester and Clermont are also scheduled IIRR but probably not confirmed yet.

Munster usually towel the Wallabies as our midweek teams have been no great shakes in days gone by. Munster will be without their Ireland squad guys but if the standard of the team that played the All Blacks is any guide our young guys will find out a thing or two about how rugby is played over there. Clermont have so many non 6N players that they will be tough also and Leicester has a history of beating most overseas visitors, most recently the Boks dirt trackers, even though they had a lot of England guys absent.

It's all good, except that no doubt the Oz mid-week games won't be on TV here, again.

We're expecting a complete report of the night T78, including stats - how many pints consumed etc.

It will be a bit of a homecoming for Daddy Seamus (Jim Williams) - I bet he gets a bit of a cheer from the locals.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought you were talking about the Ireland vs Australia match in Brisbane hahahaha

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Ah, mid week tours are back. Finally, the Wallabies of today can savour the joys of having eyes gouged and balls groped by mad Irish thugs.

What's in it for us again ?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
A bit of a history and geography lesson. Because the accusations about gouging and bag-snatching were made against Neath - that's Neath in Wales, btw.

And I note the mention of Garrick Morgan also being sent off in that game - after losing the fight in which he threw the first punch, btw; and given that it kicked off five yards from where I was, I'm in a position to comment on this one.

So, nice try, naza., but you need to work on your trolling.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
It's been on the cards for a while but I guess what you're saying is that it has been confirmed. Games against Leicester and Clermont are also scheduled IIRR but probably not confirmed yet.

Munster usually towel the Wallabies as our midweek teams have been no great shakes in days gone by. Munster will be without their Ireland squad guys but if the standard of the team that played the All Blacks is any guide our young guys will find out a thing or two about how rugby is played over there. Clermont have so many non 6N players that they will be tough also and Leicester has a history of beating most overseas visitors, most recently the Boks dirt trackers, even though they had a lot of England guys absent.

It's all good, except that no doubt the Oz mid-week games won't be on TV here, again.

We're expecting a complete report of the night T78, including stats - how many pints consumed etc.

It will be a bit of a homecoming for Daddy Seamus (Jim Williams) - I bet he gets a bit of a cheer from the locals.

Come back to us, Daddy! Don't leave us with the mad-haired Gandalf man, we don't like it! Look, we cleaned up our room/stadium and all, come back...!

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A bit of a history and geography lesson. Because the accusations about gouging and bag-snatching were made against Neath - that's Neath in Wales, btw.

And I note the mention of Garrick Morgan also being sent off in that game - after losing the fight in which he threw the first punch, btw; and given that it kicked off five yards from where I was, I'm in a position to comment on this one.

Which isn't always a prerequisite for you...

Glad the tour games are back. This type of rugby is just what the likes of Kane Douglas, Rob Simmons, Saia Fainga'a etc need. Very good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.