• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Munster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Incredible game this morning against the AB's, only a try 4 mins from time saved our asses.
Only listened in on the radio but the noise of the crowd at Thomond Park sounded immense.
Final score 18-16, very lucky we were.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
You lot can now, never, ever, EVER, whinge about anything French again. Quarterfinals, semis, blowing up hippies, blowing up Pacific Islands - hell, they could have the Poite Memorial Greater Auckland Smoking Irradiated Crater, and you'd still be quits with Wayne du Barnes.

Fucking gutted. I genuinely just want to go off and alternately drink, cry and chuck empties at frogs for a week.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I'm only guessing but was the game refereed by a Frenchman and he got a call or two wrong T78?

A great effort by your lads. I thought that any All Black dirt trackers team would beat a Munster dirt trackers team (well, 3-4 regular starters) by 50 points. It must have been a cracking game.

I hope my son taped it for me on Setanta.

F

formeropenside

commiserations T78, I recall Queensland only just failing to beat the AB's in the early 90's, and felt much the same

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thomond78 said:
You lot can now, never, ever, EVER, whinge about anything French again. Quarterfinals, semis, blowing up hippies, blowing up Pacific Islands - hell, they could have the Poite Memorial Greater Auckland Smoking Irradiated Crater, and you'd still be quits with Wayne du Barnes.

Fucking gutted. I genuinely just want to go off and alternately drink, cry and chuck empties at frogs for a week.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Hardly mate, we whinge when we are robbed. Cant see how you guys can say you were robbed today. In fact if it wasnt for Donalds poor goal kicking we should have been comfortably in front midway through the 2nd half.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Noddy said:
Have an All Black team ever faced a haka before?

Anyone?

Cant imagine so, faced the Fijian and Tongan teams with their own war dances.
But never a haka especially one performed by 4 kiwis, 1 an ex all black.

M

Mainlander

Noddy said:
Have an All Black team ever faced a haka before?

Anyone?

No that was the first time and was brilliant.

Glad the other players stood behind their Kiwi mates in suport but didn't join in.... that's as it should be.

Remember a touring NZ kids team coming to Sunnybank when my kids played there.

There were half a dozen or so Kiwi kids in the team and 3/4 of them Moari. So after the Orc kids had done their Haka our kids stepped forward and did one back. The Moari boy's in the centre, the White Kiwi's at the sides and the Aussie kids at the back with arms linked just like the Munster players did. Was awesome, and well approved of by the Kiwi teams parents.

M

Mainlander

Scarfman said:
Didn't the Wallabies do a haka for a while? circa 1910?

Yeah as did the Kangaroos, but only in the UK and that was back before the 60s I believe.

Saw something resently were they tried to say that it was an Abo war dance they did but remember an interview a few years ago with an old Aussie player (forget who) who laughed about it and said they'd had to get a Maori over from Auckland to teach it to them.

J

Jury

Tipoki is a haka expert. This would have been his idea. In traditional times, some times each side used to haka to each other until the other was exhausted. It threw down the challenge, but staved off the actual battle.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
No shame for either side that way either Jury I suppose? :nta:

What was even more awesome is the Munster crowd appeared to go dead quiet for the All Blacks. That's pretty cool.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Condolenses Thomo & to your Munster team. This match just show again the midweek touring matches importance. Myself was still a small kid BUT will never forget when the All Blacks tour in SA and they played in Upington against NWK (North Western Cape) Dont think many Saffers even know today that there was such a province in SA. It produce one hell of a match and the All Blacks only just beat them. BUt for us locals it was like manna from heaven to see the big name players mixing with the locals. Thats the part missing in the modern game and myself will never understand why they cant keep it going because there will be a lot of money making by this. Not only this but many legend international players were born out of this game and its really simple. If the Bokke tour SA and plays against Boland on Wellington they will struggle, the reason very simple because you can compare rugby players names on paper but you can never compare rugby players hearts. The Heart play one huge role in any rugby game. Ask any real NZ rugby supporter which hihest prized ornament in their province rooms. A Bok head and sad that good old habit is gone.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope the IRB etc are paying attention. This game has got a fair bit of attention.

Fristance. I sometimes lurk at the soccer web site F365. They are soccer mad, obviously. They have at least 9 pages on that game.

A fantastic advertisement for the game.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Noddy said:
I hope the IRB etc are paying attention. This game has got a fair bit of attention.

Fristance. I sometimes lurk at the soccer web site F365. They are soccer mad, obviously. They have at least 9 pages on that game.

A fantastic advertisement for the game.

Yep big advertisement for bringing back proper midweek games and full tours.
They dont need to be the 16+ games of old, half that would be a great start.

S

Spook

formeropenside said:
commiserations T78, I recall Queensland only just failing to beat the AB's in the early 90's, and felt much the same

Bad luck to Munster but a great effort. Was pissed off when the lions beat the Brumbies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.