• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nathan Sharpe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
What a wonderful night it was for Rugby Union at Eden Park tonight, what with the win and all that, but Sharpie just made my night.
Only the 5th Wallaby to pull on the jersy for the 100th time and the 21st to do so in all the world.
Even though he damaged a knee after only 4 minutes, he could soilder on.
It was all class.
He is a keeper.
And I do have to say, that at the end when he held up his kids and the bronze there were a few wet eyes in the house.
Keep on Rucking Sharpe cause we love all your work.
:yay

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Well said.
I was critical of him a fe years back but the guy got dropped and then just worked harder, testament to determination and well deserving if the honor it received.

(would ave loved it if the cameras showed him running onto. Th field instead of the rest of the teams standing in the tunnel)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Should have had the 100th cap last weekend, but luckily goes out on a win. Played like a warrior today with his injury, just wish he hadn't fallen out of Deans' good books for no apparent reason. True leader and great servant to Australian rugby over the years, we will be weaker without him, and it's a shame we never got him a world cup medal. Regardless, all the best Sharpie, you deserve your place among the greats who have played 100 tests for their nations.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Any player that makes it to 100 caps inhabits a different realm. To do it playing in the engine house is testament to a great man. Good luck to Nathan Sharpe, a legend of the game. Is it his last game? If it is I hope he enjoys a long, happy and prosperous retirement.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I have to add, i am and have been for a long time a Sharpie fan, even though I an AB supporter, I think he is the type of players we all love to see go well, never seen him give anything but 100%. A lot of players could learn about attitude etc to play game from him.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Any player that makes it to 100 caps inhabits a different realm. To do it playing in the engine house is testament to a great man. Good luck to Nathan Sharpe, a legend of the game. Is it his last game? If it is I hope he enjoys a long, happy and prosperous retirement.

He has signed with Western Force (Western Australia) for the Super Rugby comp until end 2012.

So we have one more year of him in Australia in our Southern comp. I would like to see him head off with the Wallabies in a few weeks to go on the Northern tour, however, that is up to Deans, who seems intent on passing over Sharpie.
He mentioned in interview yesterday that George Smith is one who he most admires as an influence in his Rugby life.
I have a feeling that Sharpie might turn Japanese in 2013.
His attitude to rugby is as wonderful as the skill set he brings and he has such fantastic leadership qualities.
Chances are we might see him involved in coaching in the future.... maybe with his mate Smithy.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sharpie has to be my overall fav player & has served as inspiration to keep going as you get older as you can get better with age - as he has shown. His leadership developed too. A well rounded player. I'll never forget how after a string of loses they finally got a win over Easter & said "Happy Easter" - always makes me laugh. Looking forward to seeing him go round with the Force again.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I've said it before somewhere on these forums, but I've got nothing but good things to say about the guy. He came to play a club game this year (first in 10 years) and in stark contrast to the other *ahem* rock star from a few weeks earlier, he was immense. He arrived at training early, made the effort to learn his teammates names, participated FULLY in the entire training session (bringing his trademark intensity to all of it), played HARD that weekend and led by example. Further, he came to a club-related function and stayed out with his clubmates until he had to go to the airport to travel to South Africa.

In short, he looked like he genuinely loves playing rugby, regardless of if it is for the Wallabies, the Force, or the Red Heavies. It is this genuine love for the game that I believe has contributed to his willingness to work so hard to get to 100 caps, and if I had my way, I'd see him involved in some way for another 100 too!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Now that is the rugby spirit. Bravo Sharpie.

Respect, even if you are a dirty low down stinking Queenslander :), when you put your Gold Suit on, <singing "I am, You are, We Are Australian" >

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Now that is the rugby spirit. Bravo Sharpie.

Respect, even if you are a dirty low down stinking Queenslander :), when you put your Gold Suit on, <singing "I am, You are, We Are Australian" >

Born in Wagga Wagga so I say NSW still claim him, unless we are going by Mungo State of Origin rules. :)

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)

Lovely read.

If Deans continues to ignore Sharpie and what he brings to the team then he truely has his stubbon head stuck up his arse unable to see he is in terminal decline. All this talk about how much the 'boys' (can we start calling them MEN please Deans) have learnt from RWC2011 we are yet to see if the ARU and coach has learnt anything at all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lovely read.

If Deans continues to ignore Sharpie and what he brings to the team then he truely has his stubbon head stuck up his arse unable to see he is in terminal decline. All this talk about how much the 'boys' (can we start calling them MEN please Deans) have learnt from RWC2011 we are yet to see if the ARU and coach has learnt anything at all.

Where I come from, you demonstrate that you have learnt things when you have made the necessary changes from your identification of "opportunities for change".

Simply working out what went wrong ("opportunities for change") does not mean you have actually learnt anything.

Robbie: What have you identified as "candidates for change", and what will you actually do about those to ensure that we do not have to "learn" these same things again in four more years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom