• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm not sure that Dave Dennis ever played colts for Penrith. He certainly grew up in the area and was involved in schoolboy rep teams. When to Richmond High School and finished Year 12 in 2004. He may well have played juniors in the area. I was involved with Manly Colts at the time and he certainly thought about playing colts for Manly after Year 12 (in 2005), as his brother Corey was playing 1st and 2nd grade for Manly at the time and they could have lived together. He did come to a meeting, but we couldn't compete with what Uni were offering. He MAY have played a couple of games for Penrith colts while he was in Year 12, but no way was he a regular player and I strongly doubt that he played colts for them at all.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not sure that Dave Dennis ever played colts for Penrith. He certainly grew up in the area and was involved in schoolboy rep teams. When to Richmond High School and finished Year 12 in 2004. He may well have played juniors in the area. I was involved with Manly Colts at the time and he certainly thought about playing colts for Manly after Year 12 (in 2005), as his brother Corey was playing 1st and 2nd grade for Manly at the time and they could have lived together. He did come to a meeting, but we couldn't compete with what Uni were offering. He MAY have played a couple of games for Penrith colts while he was in Year 12, but no way was he a regular player and I strongly doubt that he played colts for them at all.
My recollection, for what it is worth, is that not only did he play Colts for Penrith but his father was quite involved in running the program.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You may well be right Bruce, but I can confirm that he at least spoke to Manly about joining his brother at the club in colts. I'm as certain as I can be that he played for Sydney Uni that year (the year he at least considered Manly) and not Penrith. If any G&GR poster collects old copies of Rugby News from 2005 could confirm either way.

I'm not in any way complaining about him playing for Sydney Uni, in fact it's where he learnt his trade for elite rugby. I just strongly doubt that he played any significant time in Penrith colts - who regularly conceded 70-80 points a game in those days.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...tional-rugby-championship-20140406-zqqyc.html
The Canberra UCV seems to be stepping ahead having an open call for JID best players and the three Brumby Coach supporting this by watching the three games (god bless a 7 team comp).

Bearing in mind the Brumbies played a trial against ACTXV and it was 28 to each team. But the Brumbies supplied a Front Row and Half Back.

Pre season for NRC starts on Wednesdays in Canberra at 'Clubs Academy'

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...tional-rugby-championship-20140406-zqqyc.html
The Canberra UCV seems to be stepping ahead having an open call for JID best players and the three Brumby Coach supporting this by watching the three games (god bless a 7 team comp).

Being in mind the Brumbies played a trial against ACTXV and it was 28 to each team. But the Brumbies supplied a Front Row and Half Back.

Pre season for NRC starts on Wednesdays in Canberra at 'Clubs Academy'
All the right noises coming out of Canberra. Great to read how seriously the Brumbies coaches are taking the NRC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are near or at the top of the comp with the sort of preparation they're conducting

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

I'm pretty sure he did for Penrith Colts. His brother, Corey, played for Penrith before playing for Manly.

T

Tigers Tale

ECAces - I wish the QRU would put out preliminary squad lists for the two QLD sides - at least allocation of the Reds & ETS players. But I understand that they don't want to take any attention away from the Reds, S15 and the JRWC at present.

Who do our Tigers from PNG boys (Aidan, Pettowa) play for - Bne or Country??

Who will our newest tiger - Lachlan Turner - and other interstate players e.g. Beau Robinson play for??

I don't think any of them will fancy the trip down the M1 everyday if they get allocated to the Country team.

Some official names might be nice also.

None of this will happen in a hurry though due to what I said above.

I would have thought with your East Coast Aces alias I would have thought you would be getting behind the Gold Coast (I mean Country) team!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm pretty sure he did for Penrith Colts. His brother, Corey, played for Penrith before playing for Manly.

His brother Corey definitely played for Penrith before he came to Manly, no question about that. I suspect we both may be correct in that DD probably played some colts for Penrith while he was still at school and after leaving school went to Syd Uni.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyway fuck Balmuni Cashcows or whatever they're going to call their little club. Dennis is a Penrith man and you can understand why he doesn't play there: not many Super Rugby contracts available when you're getting humped by a gillion each week.

For those of you asking about preliminary lists: August was four months away last time I checked, and a shitload of rugby (and injuries) have to go under the bridge between now and then. I think the coaches and back offices need to start figuring out the lay of the land (including how joint ventures are going to work in among all the littleman politics that will no doubt happen) and have a bit of Premier Rugby before everyone goes rubbing off against each other, hmm?

Start hassling your respective club's twitter feed/facebook page for membership details. Like I'm doing to @RugbyFuture ;)

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
With the QRU running the two teams it will be interesting to see how they divide the talent. The most important question is what to do with all the utilities on the QLD books. There will be no teams with different agendas to the QRU and I hope Albert Anae will be played in one position for the NRC. Either a full time THP or as a Hooker. I am leaning towards THP. Ben Lucas I am not sure what position suits him now but the NRC may sort this out.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
So some of the NRC clubs aren't happy because they're worried that asics might dictate the jersey design of the club saying there's not enough time for proper designs. Asics as the major sponsor of the Wallabies get licence to all the NRC jerseys as part of the licence system but the designs being pushed through are pretty plain.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
So some of the NRC clubs aren't happy because they're worried that asics might dictate the jersey design of the club saying there's not enough time for proper designs. Asics as the major sponsor of the Wallabies get licence to all the NRC jerseys as part of the licence system but the designs being pushed through are pretty plain.
like this one?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
could end up more like this one
6422665873_443868a321_m.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the designs Asics have done so far are anything to go by I don't think there will be many complaints...........

Would much rather a "simpler" plain jersey than many of the things CCC and Kooga have dished up in recent years..........

T

Tigers Tale

All QPR clubs had to submit player backgrounds for their Premier Grade Squads last month - details included Place of Birth, Junior Club, High School, Senior Club where they have played most.

Surely that must be being used for some form of Origin status for the City and Country (based at Bond Uni) teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.