• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Unions Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I've always been pretty disappointed with the ARU effort of www.rugby.com.au

The little vids are a welcome addition, but the updates are usually way behind the ball, community rugby is poorly serviced and shit - it just doesn't look like an organization that pumps out squillions for its marketable mungos but can't pay a web designer $20 a week to make themselves look flash..

Actually,.. I do haunt the sites for a few unions.. The best I rection are the Canucks. Good coverage of national 15's and 7's in mens and womens, club rugby and anything else thatis going on. Flash looking gizmos. Good exposure for their sponsors. Even a french translation for their snobby lot on the east coast. Not a bad shop either that has real sales at the end of each year,.. none of the crap dished out by aussie team, like last years jersey reduced from $150 to $130....

After that the AB's do ok,.. At least they cover the Heartland Championship, Air NZ Cup and 7's with a fair bit of detail.

www.rugbycanada.ca
www.allblacks.com

Discuss.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
12 views. 0 Comments.

Thats why the ARU doesn't bother doing a better effort..Not enough people telling them how it is.

F

formeropenside

I'd like more info on past players, and live streaming of rugby games at all levels on my ideal rugby website.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Now we're getting going !!

Both USA and Canuck rugby offer links to free streaming of their games. The churchill cup included.

And yeah, How limited is the love for past wallabies. The ab's have photos and full bios of every All Black A-Z. Lists of every game they played in and a link to the match report from those games.

They also have a history of the game in NZ, of the haka and they stats from day one. Shames the ARU.

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/atoz.asp?group=A
Have a look. There's a difference between the AB and Wallabies websites. It's called Pride

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The scrum.com stats page has details of every player who ever played a test (for most countries) and the results of every test, with match reports for most of the last 20 years.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
eddo said:
Now we're getting going !!

Both USA and Canuck rugby offer links to free streaming of their games. The churchill cup included.

And yeah, How limited is the love for past wallabies. The ab's have photos and full bios of every All Black A-Z. Lists of every game they played in and a link to the match report from those games.

They also have a history of the game in NZ, of the haka and they stats from day one. Shames the ARU.

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/atoz.asp?group=A
Have a look. There's a difference between the AB and Wallabies websites. It's called Pride

so the ABs have taken over the Rugby museum site have they? All those stats are from that page.

If only we knew someone with the stats from every single Wallaby test ever???????

however, Peter Jenkins, the current ARU Media man, wrote the book Wallaby Gold (I am pretty sure it was him) which is basically what you say it book form (up until 1998). So it would be great if he took the initiative to update it and put it on line. he could sell it to the ARU for some loose change I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.