• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Wallaby Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
You're right, it is a touh lame. Not too bad I guess. If I were designing an ad for a team that won only one game in the last Tri Nations I'd be emphasising the future and *NEW!* a lot too...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I saw the old "Razzle Dazzle 'em" ad on youtube a week or so ago. That and the butterflies one were both great ads.

K

kpark88

if the ad is anything to go by, elsom will be the captain for 2010?

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
So very very lame. You could replace the wallabies with any team from any sport and it would still work. Why is rugby union advertising in Australia so shit. It's a unique sport and one of the only teams in Aus that will play a lot of different countries and play in various cultures.

Pick up your game ARU, stop making nutri-grain ads

T

TOCC

and include at least 1 QLD player in the commercial next time

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
fuck I so want to pay $120 for a ticket to a test match now! That looks awesome.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Are they suggesting that the old Wallabies sucked?

I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit of footy.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think there were no Qld or WA players due to it being a financial nightmare. They must of shot it the same time as the jersey premier.

I don't think it proves Rock will get captain, I remember Greg Holmes being in all these Wallaby ads well after being dropped from the squad.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon this one is better..

Attachments

• rugby.cz.wmv
    1.6 MB · Views: 300

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Moses said:
Lol that's awesome.

The Wallabies one looks like a generic cut-out of a Nutrigrain-Brut lovechild.

Does anyone remember the AFL's ad last year with the rollicking Gaelic music, going through various different sports? I'd like to see a rugby one, you know, Horne tackles the smack out of a basketballer, mauling through an NFL defensive line, forwards clean out Beckham on free kick with Genia releasing QC (Quade Cooper)/Beale to dance around Lockyer or something.
Something that at least showcases the game, and maybe gives reasons why it's better than the others...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
MrMouse said:
Moses said:
Lol that's awesome.

The Wallabies one looks like a generic cut-out of a Nutrigrain-Brut lovechild.

Does anyone remember the AFL's ad last year with the rollicking Gaelic music, going through various different sports? I'd like to see a rugby one, you know, Horne tackles the smack out of a basketballer, mauling through an NFL defensive line, forwards clean out Beckham on free kick with Genia releasing QC (Quade Cooper)/Beale to dance around Lockyer or something.
Something that at least showcases the game, and maybe gives reasons why it's better than the others...

I always thought that AFL ad was ridiculous because the Aussie Rules boys were palming off all the athletes of other sports like it was child's play.
I don't think I've ever seen someone put on a decent palm in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.