• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Wallaby Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Every one knows you need a good jingle!!! That ad is going is going to stick in the minds of fans young and old for about 31 seconds - the 30 it's on, and the one before the next ad comes on.
Meanwhile, I still recall clearly the ad in the early 90's and Campo's goosestep - "a one step, a 2 step, a quick step, a big step, coz it's gonna get you!" Mind you we were World Champions at the time.

T

TOCC

the Razzle Dazzle is my favourite add....

just seams to ooze class

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Unless I'm mistaken Gits is the only 'Dazzler' relic still around (in Union!).

Who would y'all put in the 2010 version? Genia for Whitaker obviously, maybe give Burgo a frame, Mitchell for Lote, Ioane for Dell, Rocky for Roff? A dread-for-dread replacement in Fainga'a. Hodgson for Flatley? JOC (James O'Connor) for Gits, or do we let him relive his glory days?

Ah, ways we can wile away the days...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Chuck me in there. Stepped some bloke for the first time ever on the weekend.

There is no honor in being stepped by a bloke in the number 2 jersey.

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
So does Growden the Hutt have Rocky as a wall ornament? :lmao:

Took me a while to find this pic.
jabbagrowden.gif

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Hate to burst the bubble for some of you, but that "Razzle Dazzle" ad is extremely queer, with a capital gay.

Furthermore, it markets rugby as a game for the more sophisticated, private school boy nobs; it is because of this reason that many punters don't ever consider rugby as a game to support, as they believe they don't fit in with the supporter stereotype. This is rugby, we aren't going to the bloody theatre in our suits and bow ties.

Rugby should be marketed as a game for everyone, all shapes, all cultures and nations. It is a world game, with many players who offer many different attributes to the spectacle.

I have friends who support league and AFL who just don't realise that Quade Cooper is a more skilled player than Jonathan Thurston or Jarred Hayne. Or that Rod Davies is faster than Billy Slater. Or that David Pocock makes Fevola look like a skinny school boy.

These ads should be trying to introduce players such as these to people who aren't interested in rugby on a day to day, hour to hour basis like us. If rugby is to survive in the current competitive sporting landscape, the game needs to appeal to a new breed of supporters and to stop being so precious about maintaining its traditional upper class, clean image.

As for the new ad, I can guarantee that your average viewer would have NO IDEA what that 30secs of footage was about. They'll be saying "was that just the trailer for the new terminator movie?".

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This Ad is so very very wrong. I didn't think it was possible to make something worse than the Boks running through walls thing before the last World Cup but I was wrong.

Cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.