• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
David Havili turning out for Mako tonight & if he comes through OK will surely be named in RWC squad on Monday.

He might get in because there's really no standout 4th midfielder. Havili probably the best of the bunch and has versatility but he'd be my 3rd ranked 12 behind Jordie and ALB and Havili doesn't play 13.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL, Nothingburgers Dave, the Mark Mayerhofler of his generation.

Better watch out test rugby, Dave Hava Nagilah and Donkeypants Ennor are comign for you!

8dd1fbb34e1ef82d3d3536ecf04db854.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He might get in because there's really no standout 4th midfielder. Havili probably the best of the bunch and has versatility but he'd be my 3rd ranked 12 behind Jordie and ALB and Havili doesn't play 13.

He'll start v Namibia & Uruguay, I think, with AL-B or Fainga'anuku at 13. But, yeah, barring an injury to JBar or AL-B that's the extent of his involvement.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Nz have an embarrassment or riches
Below injured list
Quinn teupua
Tj Perenara
Angus taavaou
Sevu reece
George bower
Joe moody
Cullen grace
Pat tuipulotu
Ethan Blackadder
David havili

Who out of these guys can make a play at RWC? Reece and bower out for year, havili, Quinn and Angus Taavou back this weekend! Think moody and havili providing they get back from injury

Blackadder would have if available

and not selected in 37 man squad and in all black 15 only
Ross, aumua, Akita ioane, sotutu, Webber, fakatava, goodhue
Of these guys would be around wallabies somewhere

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ethan Blackadder out for another four weeks or thereabouts with a calf injury. Reduces the selection conundrum a little but this guy just can't seem to catch a break.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Havili tactically subbed at HT after a typically Havili shift: nothing flashy but did what was necessary when it was necessary.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Ethan Blackadder out for another four weeks or thereabouts with a calf injury. Reduces the selection conundrum a little but this guy just can't seem to catch a break.
Yes rate this guys just can’t catch a break
Would be my 1st 6 picked if not injured
Although many back rowers in similar mould like Blackadder, paapali, savea and Jacobson who can cover all positions

havili certainly a chance for the 4th centre
And moody will be hard to go bye

would have to think from current 37
Out maybe
Lord, mcleod, ennor and maybe stevenson? That’s back to 33 to maybe if moody and havili in either Ofa or Nepo out for moody then an outside back Narara out for havili?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ depends on the lock: loose forward split. If five locks then Lord goes & most likely Finau doesn't. If six loose forwards then most likely Lord misses out, Finau goes & probably at least covers lock v Namibia & Uruguay. Prop-wise I think they'll take both Moody & Newell if fit so both Ofa & Laulala could get cut.

In the backs I think Havili takes Ennor's spot & an outside back misses out - probably Narawa 'cos he really only plays 14 whereas SS has played both wings & of course 15. McLeod the other to miss the cut.

Last edited:

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
^ depends on the lock: loose forward split. If five locks then Lord goes & most likely Finau doesn't. If six loose forwards then most likely Lord misses out, Finau goes & probably at least covers lock v Namibia & Uruguay. Prop-wise I think they'll take both Moody & Newell if fit so both Ofa & Laulala would get cut.

In the backs I think Havili takes Ennor's spot & an outside back misses out - probably Narawa 'cos he really only plays 14 whereas SS has played both wings & of course 15. McLeod the other to miss the cut.

Narawa can play both wings and fullback as well. Narawa was far better in his test than Stevenson was in his.

Finau has to make the squad after that second half. Immense. That's what a test 6 looks like.

I like Blackadder but he's not an out an out 6 - he's Jacobson's competition as versatile loosie who can cover all 3 spots and bring energy off of the bench. Even if Blackadder is fit by RWC Jacobson's size and ability to string games together this year gives him the edge.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just an interesting aside on jerseys for WC(after the screaming on forums etc), was at Adidas AB shop in Wellington on Friday, girl in shop reckons they are selling as fast as they bringing them out almost.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Narawa can play both wings and fullback as well. Narawa was far better in his test than Stevenson was in his.

Finau has to make the squad after that second half. Immense. That's what a test 6 looks like.

I like Blackadder but he's not an out an out 6 - he's Jacobson's competition as versatile loosie who can cover all 3 spots and bring energy off of the bench. Even if Blackadder is fit by RWC Jacobson's size and ability to string games together this year gives him the edge.
Bang on KiwiM, I thought Stevenson very much screwed up his plane ticket (and proved what Foster said about his defensive lapses) when Korobite scored his try at beginning of game, an attempted weak push into touch looked like it was being done by a 5yo on a Sarurday morning.
Also thought Finau settled into game, and looks a good prspect in 6 jersey, his ability in lineout is a bonus.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lurch likely to be out of action for "several weeks" & possibly unavailable for the Pool stages should he be selected.

Either way it's going to have consequences, for Lord & Finau in particular.